Thread: Hi, Milbro/Diana G80 Owner here!

Hi, Milbro/Diana G80 Owner here!

Hi, I have just aquired a Milbro Diana G80 from a friend A really really good friend! Ive read some of the other threads on here about Dianas and want to know more, I would like to replace all the bits on it that need to be replaced, ie, breech seal and want to know where to get the stuff from? chambers seems to be almost out of stock of everything and J. Knibbs's websits isnt working! So please anyone with any info at all about this gun please divulge!

PS is it worth much? not that im wanting to sell it, its just pretty old, but is it old enough?

Cant seem to see any other markings other than "Diana G80 Made in GT Britain" and on the underneath of the stock just in front of the trigger guard "2806" like i said those numbers are stamped into the actual wood?
    Last edited by PROXIMO; 04-11-2009 at 09:17 PM. Reason: More Info

Mattockswinga is offline A bit generous with the inch estimate....... as usual

Hi

Hi,
    I recently bought a Diana G79 from a chap off this forum, it was in a bad way and I gave £37.50 for it for me to do up as a project. The 79 and the 80 are reasonably similar I believe. value of yours will depend on its condition.
    The one I bought was not in the best condition, blueing on the metal was gone and the stock was scartched and nicked. I took the remaining blueing off the metal and have left it polished silver, the stock I stripped down, dyed and tru-oiled. I replaced the main spring with an Ox spring, the seals were ok when I got the rifle, PTFE breech seal and a rubber piston washer.
    If you want replacement parts Chambers (which you mentioned) seems to be the best. Springs however you can get from most places, E*ay etc.

The stamped numbers by your trigger guard are the date the gun was made, which looks like 1980 to me.

Pics of mine after its refurb are on here: http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403382

After I had finished the gun was putting out 10ft/lb, was smooth and solid to shoot, good solid thunk, and was whisper quiet (the Logun silencer helps )

I like these guns and they are quite simple to work with, get stuck in!
    B&C Weihrauch HW99s .22 3-9X40

Hi

Hi m8, and thank you for the response, i'm really glad your happy with your Milbro/Diana, I'm not really that way inclined to renovate it myself, because really cosmetically it seems to be in pretty good nick! however I put it through the cronograph, and it was maxin out at 6.8lbs with a bit of judder too, so it gettin over hauled, new spring seals and bushes, re lubed, and tuned, the gunsmith at "Tony's Camo" in chester said he should be able to tune it up to 11.4 lbs, i'm also (and please forgive me for doing so) havin a couple of inch lobbed off the barrel and a suppressor fitted, so its will in some respects look very much like a webly vulcan only much lighter! oh and with the added advantage of being suppressed

All in £50 so mustn't grumble!

Ill try to get home photos on later.