I recently mislaid the rear cylinder pin from the G25 that Ulverston gave me. Going through my box of bits I saw a Meteor barrel pivot pin and tried it---It fitted. I rang Chambers to order a couple (after checking the website) and asked for the Diana ones. He didnt have any so I asked about the Meteor pivot ones. They have the same part number at Chambers and must be in the same draw so he didnt have any of them. He said he would have to see about getting some made up as its difficult with imperial sizes now. I then asked for Mercury ones to cut down and got them for about £3 a piece. I still think that is a bit over the top as are "0" rings at £2 a pop when they obviously buy bags of them at around 15p? each. Stock screws £4 each!!! They are usually something like 2Ba cheese head or pan head (metric screws are coppers). Im sure some of the engineers on here could knock up these and some of the other fasteners at a reasonable price? How about the front stock screws for a Bsa cadet? If somebody sold them for £2 or £2-50 each, we would probably all buy some to keep in on spec.
I know its business but some of this is taking the P-ss. YOUR THOUGHTS?