• Saturay Competition / Sunday Fun Shoots

6 30.00%
  • Saturday Fun Shoots / Sunday Competitions

2 10.00%
  • Mixture of Competitions & Fun Shoots

12 60.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proposed Sat & Sun for our Next U.B.C MEET

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    How about a Red Arrows display and a Spitfire fly past?

And electric target changers.
    It was hard enough sourcing 24 suitable pulleys, now you're suggesting find 12 matching electric motors plus switchgear AND make it UBC Proof!

Wait 'till you see what I do bring!
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    It was hard enough sourcing 24 suitable pulleys, now you're suggesting find 12 matching electric motors plus switchgear AND make it UBC Proof!
    Nick
    Well you needn't think your going to be allowed to sit around all day next Saturday, you can do that in the afternoon, after you have done the above

...and if we can find somewhere to stick the broom you can sweep up as you go too.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

I am happy to go with the flow, and see where it takes me as to format.

As to Red Arrows, you won't get a display, but for a flypast try here.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/displayin...lsyflypast.cfm

You never know your luck.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Ok not trying to sway the vote at all but i would like to keep the main shoot for saturday, so folks can come along shoot and take an award home if the win one the same day. And Sunday should be a purely fun day so the UBC management team can take a step back and relax, enjoy seeing everyone shoot and maybe have a shoot themselves without having to rush it so we can fit everything in.

I think ending Saturday without the presentation of the awards will be a bit of an anti-climax, and having to wait until Sunday when quiet a few members would have gone home doesn't seem fair.

But this is just my view and it's your club too so lets get those votes in.

Cookie
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Ok not trying to sway the vote at all but i would like to keep the main shoot for saturday, so folks can come along shoot and take an award home if the win one the same day. And Sunday should be a purely fun day so the UBC management team can take a step back and relax, enjoy seeing everyone shoot and maybe have a shoot themselves without having to rush it so we can fit everything in.

I think ending Saturday without the presentation of the awards will be a bit of an anti-climax, and having to wait until Sunday when quiet a few members would have gone home doesn't seem fair.

But this is just my view and it's your club too so lets get those votes in.

Cookie
    I'm sure you'd get quite a few volunteers to help out with everything if you wanted it.
    we could split up into teams and take it in half day shifts.
    you can stick me on the list if there's anything i can do.
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Cheer's Sol that's the type of spirit we need.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

Talking Electric Targets

Nick
    Somewhere in the chaos I have the drive for a kids electric car. Want me to look it out as a sample?
    Keep your eyes on the local skips because the cheap versions of these cars break the foot operated on /off swiches then they get dumped cause not many folks have plastic welding gear.

Jim
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Count me in!

I will try to be there whatever the format, put me down as a volunteer also.
    One question though, does that mean the Greyhound gun club members won't be able to use their beloved plinking range for the whole weekend?

Regards
    Ian
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction!

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    My suggestion is for the main 6 yard competitions to be a primary feature of the Saturday but to hold off the prize giving until the end of the weekend.
    That way we can have just 2 or 3 lanes running 6 yard paper on the Sunday to allow anyone unable to attend on the Saturday to compete, it just seems the fairest way to let the most UBC members participate fully.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    I will try to be there whatever the format, put me down as a volunteer also.

One question though, does that mean the Greyhound gun club members won't be able to use their beloved plinking range for the whole weekend?

Regards
    Ian
    Hi Ian.

It wouldn't be the same without you. You've been to all of them so far & thanks for the offer of helping also

Before I put this thread up I asked Dave whether it would be alright to have a whole weekend at the Greyhound. I hope the members won't mind & are most welcome to join in on the day. As when we had our 2nd meet a Greyhound member won a few awards.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Just Booked the hotel, they still have the 2 for 1 offer on Click Here so i'll be there

Put me down for camping

But far away from the snorers please
    I am a Lady
    AA S200 Mk3, Walther CP99, Soon to own a Webley Alecto

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Before I put this thread up I asked Dave whether it would be alright to have a whole weekend at the Greyhound. I hope the members won't mind & are most welcome to join in on the day. As when we had our 2nd meet a Greyhound member won a few awards.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Well he's the boss so it will happen, the members are a good bunch anyway. So maybe I will be able to rope in other members to come and join us, I know a couple were interested last time but chickened out on the day (which was a shame because they missed a great day!)

Regards
    Ian
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction!

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Well he's the boss so it will happen, the members are a good bunch anyway. So maybe I will be able to rope in other members to come and join us, I know a couple were interested last time but chickened out on the day (which was a shame because they missed a great day!)

Regards
    Ian
    Hi Ian

I've spoken to a few of the members & they are a nice bunch of people. They are more than welcome to join in & I hope it don't trouble them too much us using the range.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi all

Thank you for your replies & voting on the poll.

The majority decision is to have a mix of comps & fun shoots.

I will now go head & plan the criteria for the two days.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK