Thread: Sharp Ace information please

Sharp Ace information please

Just received a very nice Sharp Ace and to my surprise the barrel is grooved for a scope so I wonder what the original open sight would have looked like in view of the obvious curve of the barrel? Nothing at all like the Innova. I would also be interested in date of mfr if anyone has this info. SN is A566943.
    Barrel stamped "Sharp" "Japan" and in .22 flavour.

As an added bonus the gun came with a very nice BSA 3-7x20 scope, Jap made, dovetail the length of the scope body and a nice one piece fitting to fit to the gun...a quality item in its day I would say. I think that a little filing on a set of standard 9-11mm rings will enable me to fit a larger scope.

Mike95

Sharp Ace

To answer part of my own question! Just found a pic of the Ace sight, very similar to the Innova but presumably more curved at the base. Presumably rare as rocking horse poo.

Mike95

Sharps open sights do appear on here now and then.
    Sportsmatch do a special o/p mount for the Ace which takes into account the curvature of the barrel between the scope rails.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Sharp Ace

I managed to file out part of the base on a set of single mounts and "sharpened up" the edges a little to grip the quite shallow scope grooves...works fine with an old Nikko 4x32. 4 pumps chrono'd at 10.8 ft/lbs which I think is standard for these guns.
    I will keep a look out for the original sights but I cannot see the Innova sight fitting the curve on the Ace barrel. I had an HW77 rear sight milled out for my Innova but it will not fit the Ace without a bit more work.

Mike95

snipperuk Guest
    these are the mounts i use on my ace
    http://www.sportsmatch-uk.com/op14c.htm

As my learened Friend IJ has stated get the Sportsmatch mount, got one on my Ace in .177, top gun. atb.