Thread: Really / Medium old Daystate?

Really / Medium old Daystate?

Hello Collectors,

I thought some of you might get some joy at having a look at this, its an old Daystate PCP with all sorts of brass bling on it.

Looks lovely, belongs to an old Gent at the rifle club who has kindly let me borrow it. Going to shoot some much nicer shoots with my decent camera at the weekend.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3035808...7622786041663/

It might be scrap, worth nothing and not rare at all. But to my untrained eye it does look very special.

Any info, comments or thoughts appreciated.

As per the pics.. the markings on the reciever are

Daystate England - Huntsman
    Serial number is HL1304
    SWP 3000 PSI

Many Thanks

Adam

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    No idea of value

but tis old and very nice
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

It is a Daystate Huntsman Low profile made in March 1987. The last sale I know of was an identical rifle, except with a stainless steel cylinder. That one fetched £400. Superb gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof51mtw View Post
    It is a Daystate Huntsman Low profile made in March 1987. The last sale I know of was an identical rifle, except with a stainless steel cylinder. That one fetched £400. Superb gun!
    Its was serviced about two years ago, it shoots really really well!!

sniper22 Guest
    its a mid production huntsman midas - worth what someones prepared to pay. in my opinion its worth around £250. its not rare and its not a standard, mint or concours condition.

sniper22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof51mtw View Post
    stainless cylinder guns are usually older and made for rentokill, usually open sighted and fitted with bsa barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper22 View Post
    stainless cylinder guns are usually older and made for rentokill, usually open sighted and fitted with bsa barrels.
    Like this one. This is my old Rentokil Daystate, S/No H.L.1067. It does have a stainless steel reservoir, and it does have provision for open sights but they were missing when I got it...A mate of mine has it now.
    blah blah

Does anyone know if the air cylinder is 100% brass? or just some sort of brass coating?

Daystate Midas

Hi there

The cylinder is all brass, you often see them polished. I have a stainless tubed one with a few mods and another one in poor shape which I stripped for parts. The rarest piece of your rifle are the open sights, I wanted some on my rifle but they are impossible to get hold of - the factory certainly does not have any. The rifle will last you two lifetimes and I read in an old magazine that one highly modded early Huntsman was tuned to 90 ft lb.

ATB

Jack
    Living in Australia (despite the blooming gun laws)!