Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Engineer On Here?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Super Engineer On Here?

Who could machine and fit a barrel from one type of gun into an action from another type of gun? I seem to remember someone putting a FWB barrel on a TX200?

Thats not that tricky, Neil or Baz would sort that quickly
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Who could machine and fit a barrel from one type of gun into an action from another type of gun? I seem to remember someone putting a FWB barrel on a TX200?
    are you thinking of putting a FWB barrel on a TX or something else
    most things can be done

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    are you thinking of putting a FWB barrel on a TX or something else
    most things can be done
    Malcolm - I can't see the point of replacing a Walther barrel with a Feinwerkbau barrel, unless it was a super-extraordinary Feinwerkbau barrel. It just wouldn't be right.

Something else in mind, but not sure going to do it yet. Full report if I do!

Malcolm - I can't see the point of replacing a Walther barrel with a Feinwerkbau barrel, unless it was a super-extraordinary Feinwerkbau barrel. It just wouldn't be right. / you said that not me ya loony

Something else in mind, but not sure going to do it yet. Full report if I do!
    so what the friggin ell are you going on about then
    putting an airsporter barrel on a webley vulcan is a different proposition /engineering wise to the FWB TX example you gave
    tell us what you intend and we will tell you how it can be done ( i mean me )

I've been contacted by a Secret Engineer, I am sure it can be done, but now it has to remain a Mystery, especially in your case because you may not Approve. And I want to wait until it is too late i.e. after the conversion has been done to show it to the World, hopefully in a Famous Airgun Magazine.

Sorry but I am in a bit of a Strange Mood, having had a very Strange time in Liverpool over the weekend.

But to be fair, it is taking a barrel from a Break Barrel action and getting shot of the breech block etc and machining it up to fit a Fixed Barrel rifle.

I've been contacted by a Secret Engineer, I am sure it can be done, but now it has to remain a Mystery, especially in your case because you may not Approve. And I want to wait until it is too late i.e. after the conversion has been done to show it to the World.

Sorry but I am in a bit of a Strange Mood, having had a very Strange time in Liverpool over the weekend.
    is this like the time you wanted to put a meteor stock on a FWB SPORT
    or when you wanted to make a break barrel webley tracker
    NURSE he is out of bed again

ps
    everyone has a strange time in liverpool / should have gave me a knock

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    is this like the time you wanted to put a meteor stock on a FWB SPORT
    ps
    everyone has a strange time in liverpool / should have gave me a knock
    I'm still going to put the Super Sport stock on the FWB barrelled action I have got - I tell you she's going to look HOT HOT HOT!

Missed the fact you lived near there, can't imagine what its like to have as a home town. Interesting place, never been anywhere like it! Strong flavour and takes some getting used to I expect!

At a guess......

....you have acquired a .25 or .20 barrel and intend to fit it to something never offered in .25 or.20
    Pray tell am I a smart arse or barking up the wrong tree

ATB Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    ....you have acquired a .25 or .20 barrel and intend to fit it to something never offered in .25 or.20
    Pray tell am I a smart arse or barking up the wrong tree

ATB Rich.
    Nah, just finking about putting a .22 barrel on a match rifle.... Been done before apparently, with the high-powered adaptation of the Walther LGR.

Never been keen on those 'other' calibres. I would think a .25 is a short-range ratter so I would put it on...... um... a small break-barrel... What about a HW99 with a short .25 barrel, a straight-handed stock (like a Webley C1 carbine), set-back trigger and 2.5x scope for rats in close places?

What about a HW99 with a short .25 barrel, a straight-handed stock (like a Webley C1 carbine), set-back trigger and 2.5x scope for rats in close places?
    If you have a straight-handed stock, you don't need a set-back trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    If you have a straight-handed stock, you don't need a set-back trigger.
    ALL Weihrauchs need a set-back trigger. Except the pistols.

It's a Law.

(Unless you are a Gibbon).

ALL Weihrauchs need a set-back trigger. Except the pistols.

It's a Law.

(Unless you are a Gibbon).
    Or unless it's a straight-handed stock.

HW VIXEN had a C1 stock for sale why dont you see if he still has it

Is that because.......

Nah, just finking about putting a .22 barrel on a match rifle.... Been done before apparently, with the high-powered adaptation of the Walther LGR.
    .......you are hoping a bigger pellet is more likley to clip the "ten" ring on the target?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)