Thread: crosman 2240 co2 seal came out!!!!!!

crosman 2240 co2 seal came out!!!!!!

hi to all,im new so will say hello and also ask a question about my crosman 2240.

a capsule was stuck in the gun,i had to drill a hole and put a long screw in to remove the co2 capsule and you can guess it the seal came out,ive tried to put it back and have wasted 3 capsules in seeing if its worked but to no avail

i can see it has a raised edge all the way round but my question is how do you get it to stay in???????????????.

do you have to glue it back????,do yo have to take the gun apart to fix and if so is there someone on here who can do this as its not standard so warranty is out of the question.

sorry for all the questions but im at a total loss on this.

cheers garry

Dead easy to strip and get the valve out, you should be able to put the seal back in by hand then.

Strip guide here: http://www.americanairgunhunter.com/crossman1.html
    Morally flawed

The brass of the valve is swaged over the edge of the CO2 capsule seal - you need to get the seal under the lip.

In future put a drop of Pelgunoil on the nose of the capsule when fitting - this will lubricate everything and prevent this happening.
    IanR
    Daystate MK4 S .177 ~ Steyr LP2 ~ Brno Tau-7

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    The brass of the valve is swaged over the edge of the CO2 capsule seal - you need to get the seal under the lip.

In future put a drop of Pelgunoil on the nose of the capsule when fitting - this will lubricate everything and prevent this happening.
    thanks for the replys guys and its all sorted now.

also got myself some pelgunoil as recommended and wont make that mistake again.

and i was doing the co2 capsule tube cap way to tight and that was jamming the capsule,

thanks again garry