Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley Venom?

I Have a Venom longbow and a Venom Tomahawk, both brummies and both in .177, i never thought i would consider a springer as a keeper but these are going no where!! i have the original box and paper work for the longbow aswell.
    Both awsomely accurate break barrel guns with very good triggers for springers. my Longbow has the shrouded barrel too.

Cheers Simon.
    BSA Ultra .177 Regged Nightforce 2.5-10x24

Stingray trigger is VERY different from the Lb triggerunit!
    I own 2 lazaglided tommy's, a prototype Cobra (sidewinder specs) and a vmach Cobra.
    The proto is the 1 I'll never part with. It's a DREAM to shoot. I also have a HW98 laza but it doesnt shoot nearly as pleasant as the Cobra. Much more recoil.
    My proto is almost 9yrs old, about bonedry internally but 5 shots over the chrono still show same figures in fps. And it shoots 1" plinktargets upto 60m with ease (.22 12Ftp) and ít can shoot ragged holes at 50m all day..If I could..
    The turk one's have nice features (SE; th stock) powrloc spring for once, but their finish is nowhere near the old webley's.
    ATB,
    yana

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Exclamation

The Exocet,Stingray,Longbow/Tomahawk were all fine rifles,fit finish and build quality were superior to anything else out there,they were allso cheaper.How and why they dident sell so well Ive no idea.The Exocet XS was Webleys answer to the BSA Lightning,the XS was superior in every way and cheaper too yet the Lightning outsold it never understood it meself.

bought a lonbow off here a couple of weeks ago ,really are a first class gun ,i had one when they first come out but sold it,this one im keeping they dont make them like this anymore

The Exocet/stingray were kinda entrylevel rifles. Their blueing wasnt nearly as good as the Lb/Tommy/Patriots.
    Why they didnt sell well? Marketing I think, or lack thereof
    ATB,
    yana

As a teenager I can remember that ALL my mates and myself had BSAs-maybe it was down to a dealership network or lack of one? I lived in Preston and none of my shooting friends had a Webley. Is a Turkish Webley a definate no from you chaps then?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulverston View Post
    As a teenager I can remember that ALL my mates and myself had BSAs-maybe it was down to a dealership network or lack of one? I lived in Preston and none of my shooting friends had a Webley. Is a Turkish Webley a definate no from you chaps then?
    The Stingray is the only one in your price bracket. Perhaps you should buy one and enjoy having a new rifle? I am sure later on it can be tuned and tweaked if necessary, and even re-finished if it is lacking in that area too. A re-blue is £50 from MAG, and a Bonnie and Clyde kit is £50...... so i suggest get the Stingray, turkish and everything, shoot it like a demon for a year in all weathers, then strip it down, get it reblued, refinish the stock yourself while the metalwork is with Colin, then reassemble with the B&C kit, it will look great and shoot superbly and everyone will admire it ... and you can astonish them by saying, yes it is an original TURKISH WEBLEY ha ha! Historically, some Brum BSAs (early 70s Meteor or Airsporter?) and Webleys (Hawk MkIII or Vulcan Mk I anyone?) were much less well made than the Turkish Webleys, so maybe it isn't such a bad idea after all. Go for it, dare to be different!

Thats not a bad idea!

It needs to be deburred as well, both in-and outside, those turks..
    And my turk Lb SE had a VERYVERY stiff barrel lockup. It wasnt possible to close the barrel normally. Annoying as hell.
    Yes you can refinish the turks, but you'll never get those bucks back when you resell it, cause its stíll a turk..No one wants turks, refinished or not. I wouldnt bother refinishing, waist of money..
    A tunekit is a waiste too, as it already hás a tunespring, it would only need tight guides..
    If you stíll want a turk, but it as is, and shoot it. The powrloc spring wont let you down and it wont wear out it barrel lockup either
    ATB,
    yana

I had a Hatsan 105 underlever a few years ago...it seemed alright at first but then became abysmal! I dont understand why but the thing just went "off" and wouldnt group within an inch to save its life. I liked its look but it in the end it was nothing more than a trophy "wife"!