Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1960's/70's Match rifles......

I bought a FWB300S off here about a year ago. I'd never considered anything like that before, having had TX200s, a Pro-Sport, BSA Superstar/Goldstar etc before. How can you have fun with something putting out less than 8ft/lbs?

I couldn't have been more wrong. It's not fast firing like a Umarex CO2 pistol, it doesn't come to the shoulder in a flash like an Airsporter, it won't hit a knock-down at 50 metres like a Pro-Sport (will it? I've not tried that far), but it's more fun than any of them. The build quality, the engineering, the way it fixes onto the target and makes even me look like a decent shot, everything about it is wonderful. I'll probably never shoot in 10 metre competition, but for what I do, plinking from 6-20 metres, it's fantastic.

i thought he won the first ever comp,oh well,looks like age is catching up with me

10 Meter German Classics

Seems that the prices for these on eGun in Germany are amazingly low. Someone in UK should get set up as an eGun middleman. Here in The States, the prices for even mundane German target stuff is sky high. Several that I have noticed over the past two years have reached over $1000.

Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
    it won't hit a knock-down at 50 metres like a Pro-Sport (will it? I've not tried that far)
    Yes it will.

At the normal 6ft.lbs output it takes a bit of effort to do it regarding trajectory and wind, but stuff a Maccari spring from this kit: http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...88/6759574.htm , into the rifle and the power jumps to around the 8 to 8.5ft.lbs mark. This will not only knock down 55 yarders but will happily re-set the knock up/knock down practice targets.