Thread: Vintage & Open Class Rd4 S2 Results

Vintage & Open Class Rd4 S2 Results

Hi all.

The results & Leader Board are now ready.

I can say that target was a nightmare for me, thanks Jim

I just couldn't get consistant shot placements. I wonder what Target Jim will come up with for next month

Thanks for taking part & weldone to the better shots

Results & Leader Board >>HERE<<

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to everyone who took part: and a special thanks to Jim D. for his yeoman work with the targets, and to Paddy, for running and scoring and posting it all!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Adam didn't shoot the open class this month then
    Last edited by sol1821; 08-03-2010 at 09:40 AM.
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Thanks once again to Paddy for running this and to Jim for the target from hell

It would be nice to see some more entries in the Open 10mtr Optical, Paddy & I are getting lonely
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    Adam didn't shoot the open class this month then
    Nope, I'm selling the Crosman now and I haven't anything else that qualifies at the moment, barring my old smoothbore Diana 15 which needs respringing and new seals when I get chance - it can't get a pellet out of the barrel, poor thing

I'm in the process of selling stuff to recoup funds for my latest toy:
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437251

The Atomic pistol I got just before Christmas is gone, as has my S400 HFT rig.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Nope, I'm selling the Crosman now and I haven't anything else that qualifies at the moment, barring my old smoothbore Diana 15 which needs respringing and new seals when I get chance - it can't get a pellet out of the barrel, poor thing

I'm in the process of selling stuff to recoup funds for my latest toy:
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437251

The Atomic pistol I got just before Christmas is gone, as has my S400 HFT rig.
    oh no, not an ev2
    Sliced bread.

Yep. It's a good 'un though

Missed out on a Steyr LG100 and then this came up from a clubmate at a bargain price.
    Last edited by Adam77K; 08-03-2010 at 07:49 PM.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Missed out on a Steyr LP10 and then this came up from a clubmate at a bargain price.
    That makes sense, after a PCP pistol and end up with a rifle. I don't think you'll be allowed to use that in either the 6yd or 10m comps. Nice toy though. I love the Meccano look of them, hope you enjoy it.

Way to go Paddy a first and a second, nice one mate. Better keep practising to stay ahead of the competition.

Fiendish target this one. I managed to make all my shots count after missing several during my 10 practice shots. Trouble is, I was tending to aim a bit 'safe' and several shots were a lot farther above that V than they should have been And as for the B2, where to aim, I have got used to the aiming point for a round target so I was completely boll**** by this one. And yet I got a ten . It makes no sense, but then, neither do I a lot of the time so that's ok then.

Thanks for taking the time again Paddy to do your bit with the scores, and Jim, keep up the good work with the diabolical targets.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Way to go Paddy a first and a second, nice one mate. Better keep practising to stay ahead of the competition..
    yeah I know, however really it last on both occasions (that is why you put & )

Fiendish target this one. I managed to make all my shots count after missing several during my 10 practice shots. Trouble is, I was tending to aim a bit 'safe' and several shots were a lot farther above that V than they should have been And as for the B2, where to aim, I have got used to the aiming point for a round target so I was completely boll**** by this one. And yet I got a ten . It makes no sense, but then, neither do I a lot of the time so that's ok then.

Thanks for taking the time again Paddy to do your bit with the scores, and Jim, keep up the good work with the diabolical targets.

I know what you mean about having to aim off & getting used to standard bullseye target. For me I was going for the 10 while aiming off & I payed the price

As said before lets see what Jim comes up with for next month
    BE-HAPPY-OK

That makes sense, after a PCP pistol and end up with a rifle. I don't think you'll be allowed to use that in either the 6yd or 10m comps. Nice toy though. I love the Meccano look of them, hope you enjoy it.
    D'oh! I meant an LG100, silly me! Already got an LP10.

I've been doing pretty well in FT. B grade last year, A grade this year, and look like it may be AA next year so I thought I'd get a rifle more geared to that area. HW100 in a GinB stock at the moment, which is very capable but is not purpose built for the FT game.

D'oh! I meant an LG100, silly me! Already got an LP10.
    You still won't be allowed to use it in the 6yd and 10m, rifles not allowed

I've been doing pretty well in FT. B grade last year, A grade this year, and look like it may be AA next year so I thought I'd get a rifle more geared to that area. HW100 in a GinB stock at the moment, which is very capable but is not purpose built for the FT game.
    Wow! I'm impressed. That's some seriously good shooting to get there. So you are good with a long one as well as a short one.
    I have a colleague at work who regularly appeared in the results tables in Gun Mart in grade B I think. Since moving up a grade he hasn't appeared quite so frequently. He shoots an EV2 and has some factory support too.
    Good luck with the move up to AA.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

I don't think you'll be allowed to use that in either the 6yd or 10m comps.
    I do shoot an LP10 in the 6yd though: PCP class, as does Cookie

Yep. It's a good 'un though

Missed out on a Steyr LG100 and then this came up from a clubmate at a bargain price.
    have you got air arms address?
    Sliced bread.

Oh, funny.
    This won't be going back to AA, it's heavily modified, non standard reg and barrel. If it needs attention there'll be someone who can look at it.