Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New Premier

Quote Originally Posted by CRX View Post
    Robin,

The Premier was introduced during 1964, I am not sure of which month, but the letter stamping commencing with A was from December of the year of introduction.
    I could be wrong but I think it was September 1964 - and these had no letter stamp - the As - as you say started in December. I have not seen an unstamped one so it could be just a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    I could be wrong but I think it was September 1964 - and these had no letter stamp - the As - as you say started in December. I have not seen an unstamped one so it could be just a myth.
    Hi Paul

I have never seen one either, but from what Robin said about the box colour that wouldn't match, the first ones had a similar green box to the last Senior models, the buff labelled box indicates a later model, but not the Suncorite coated model that I thought it may have been.
    I have asked Robin to let me have pictures to see if it makes sense.

Regards

Robin.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Hi Robin CRX
    Well Harvey brought the book and we are still mystified? The box is the later style, the box is marked incorporating Greener and Greener, so its post take over. The gun? its 5 pin, it has the earlier style breech latch with the smaller threeded side, is blued (quite nicely) and is steel. The only markings are 888 on the front end cap and also under the left grip, and the small capital letter Z, I have double checked it with a glass and it is definately Z stamped on the underside of the frame just where the frame blends with the trigger guard.
    Acording to the book there is no stamp Z, and the 800 series were not blued and had the later breech latch. Harvey reckoned from the book references its a D type and probably dates from 1966 - 70, apart from that its clear as mud! Its not a bitza, I bought it in '72 from the owner who bought it new and had not touched it.
    I'll try and get some pictures but I can't see what you will recognise from a picture that's any different, what areas do you want me to photograph to help you?
    This isn't the "Ducati sydrome" is it? when they got hard up chocked off suppliers and had been cut off, the would round up any bits they could find, sweep the workshop floor and build the bits into a bike! Is this a Webley version?
    best regards
    Robin