Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley Senior First Model Straight Grip

Webley Senior First Model Straight Grip

Help Value please as i am about to sell a Pre-War Webley senior first model black straight grip handles with W&S at top of grip, serial number s2559 with inspection mark J date 1932/1933. All original screws and pins. Patent stamped on both sides of pistol body, some bluing missing but not pitted, left hand black grip has a small piece missing off the corner, pistol shoots fine, i believe these are now becoming rare pistols, have attached pics in guns for sale for anyone to view. Thanks bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gunspring; 15-03-2010 at 12:43 PM.

Hello,

I would have thought that was worth £250:00

Sam

I would have said nearer £150.00

if it were mine+i was selling id be very happy if i got £150

Straight grip Senior

I collect Webley pistols and know that you don't see many of these pre-war straight grip Seniors for sale anywhere. The main problem with this one is the grip, as you are very unlikely to find a replacement. The damage is fairly small and could easily be repaired with epoxy adhesive and a black felt tip pen. Henry Krank has an average condition post-war Senior for sale for £145 so I would value this one at £200 min.
    Last edited by webman; 16-03-2010 at 05:35 PM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    I collect Webley pistols and know that you don't see many of these pre-war straight grip Seniors for sale anywhere. The main problem with this one is the grip, as you are very unlikely to find a replacement. The damage is fairly small and could easily be repaired with epoxy adhesive and a black felt tip pen. Henry Krank has an average condition post-war Senior for sale for £145 so I would value this one at £200.
    I wouldn't pay £200 for a pistol smeared in araldite and magicmarker.

yep,and there is a big difference between having one at £145 and having sold one at that.Things have been a bit inflated the last 2 years or so.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Yes there has been inflation but this is still a £150-200 pistol I would reckon taking onto account the damage. I've seen perhaps 4 of these for sale here in the last 3 years (have not checked) they are indeed difficult to find.

Perhaps not fair to be flippant on Gunsprings thread - I would expect it to fetch £175 given its rarity despite the tiny piece out of the grip - just let the buyer decide if and how he wants to repair it.

Hi, I think the price is over £200. Hard to get one now.
    Regards Marsh.
    Good deals with Eddiekneejerk, scirroco,Garvin, brownie,NeilLedger,NortonAMC,MadMike,Lodmoor,Jonny Mark,ogilkes,brdrew,averageplinker,canman,Pagoda1, boxman,beagle,clueless,RobMac,RobM,DaveJW,leroy02, JerryCornelius,jarrod,Alistair,jonno1972,Emsill and Stuart.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    To put it into context, only about 7000 of these pistols were ever made, compared to about 70,000 for the slant grip model. Also, when you think that a modern "quality" sping air pistol as represented by the new Diana LP8 Magnum costs about £200 new and is basically a lump of plastic, £200 is cheap for something that is both a great piece of engineering and something very rare, even if there is a chip out of the grip.

Yes ccdjg. If I had it, I would want £250 for it!
    Marsh.
    Good deals with Eddiekneejerk, scirroco,Garvin, brownie,NeilLedger,NortonAMC,MadMike,Lodmoor,Jonny Mark,ogilkes,brdrew,averageplinker,canman,Pagoda1, boxman,beagle,clueless,RobMac,RobM,DaveJW,leroy02, JerryCornelius,jarrod,Alistair,jonno1972,Emsill and Stuart.

£196.875 as an average!
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

I am collecting Webley pistols and would pay £175 for this one. With a complete grip I'd pay more.

I spent a lot of time looking for one and when I located said pistol I told myself how much I would spend NOT how much it was 'worth'.

If you are a collector and want a gun its market value is only relative if you intend to sell it on, if it is for your collection and your pleasure you pay what you can offord.

As a matter of interest I located a MK2 and a Senior (straight grip, black W&S plates) in pretty good nick a few years ago and allowed myself to go to £700 for the pair which I would have cheerfully paid. I think I paid about £400 delivered in the end.

lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .