Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Original model 6

Talking Stripdown

I have the pretty picture stripdown of the 6 seriese pistols in .PDF. If anyone wants them PM me.
    Yes there is an exploded diagram as well.

Target Bunny
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

[QUOTE=jefL;4133636]The action is the same on all three models Bill. Same barrel, same cylinder, same piston and contra piston, same rear sight and same trigger so a plain old 6 is just as accurate as the 6G or 6M.
    The later models just introduced refinements in the grip (and the foresight on the 6M), the basic action remained unchanged.
    The 6 is every bit the classic, just as are the 6G and 6M.QUOTE]

Hi Jef you're right its not just a plain old mod 6, after shooting it turns out to be a fantastic pistol

cheers

Bill

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill View Post
    On further inspection it seems I just have a plain old Mod 6, never mind its still a cracking pistol. Have shot the UBC 10m today and Im pleasently surprised with my scores.

atb

Bill
    Are you bringing it up for us all to have a play with on friday?

After reading through this thread I'm going to have to go up the loft and dig out my 6M. It's an ex club gun which I bought from the Glenrothes club some years back so it's seen a bit of use. I must admit it was never my favourite, I just didn't like the balance, but I'm tempted to give it another go for old times sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill View Post
    Hi Jef you're right its not just a plain old mod 6, after shooting it turns out to be a fantastic pistol

cheers

Bill
    Attaboy Bill, that's a much more positive outlook. They really are brilliant pistols and can be picked up ridiculously cheap on occasions. They are also not too difficult to strip, I've had mine apart three times now and it's still working well
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Are you bringing it up for us all to have a play with on friday?
    No sorry Alan, work is once again ruining my social life
    Think I should be there next week all being well.

Bill

Thumbs up 6M Great

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Attaboy Bill, that's a much more positive outlook. They really are brilliant pistols and can be picked up ridiculously cheap on occasions. They are also not too difficult to strip, I've had mine apart three times now and it's still working well
    They really are super pistols, & can still hold their own @ clubshoots, I also own the mod 60 rifle using the same Giss system also equally accurate...mike...

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    I also own the mod 60 rifle using the same Giss system also equally accurate...mike...
    OOOHHH recoiless springer rifle, NOW where can I get my hands on one of those

Bill

Out of interest, i have been told that if any of the above mentioned models have the original Brown piston seal inside them then its likly to fail at some point. Usually by showing deposits of brown dust and a drop off in power. If this happens then do not use the pistol. There are available Blue replacement seals which i am told are very good and last a long time.

The other seal that can leak is the breach seal, a simple test for this (and please please make sure the gun is unloaded) is to blow down the muzzle and listen for any hiss.

hope that helps anyone..

R

Quote Originally Posted by firestarterUK View Post
    The other seal that can leak is the breach seal, a simple test for this (and please please make sure the gun is unloaded) is to blow down the muzzle and listen for any hiss.

hope that helps anyone..

R
    Possibly safer to dust the breech faces with french chalk or talcum powder, load a pellet and fire in a safe direction while looking for a puff of dust.

Then clean with an oily rag, the talc/french chalk will attract moisture.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Have just aquired a Mod 6 myself and am very happy with it. As a 14 year old and back in the late 60's i very much wanted one of these guns but alas it was just too expensive. up to then i had had plenty of second hand webleys and the odd gat or milbro mod 4, or G10, but this Original was something else. So i saved up my money and just afforded a Mod 5. which i was pleased with but this mod 6, wow if i had only had the extra cash then.. i Think it cost an extra 2 or 3 quid !!!