Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You must read this if you hunt at night or like gadgets

hi

Quote Originally Posted by Silent sentinel View Post
    trust me jamie you see one and you will want one they are the dogs danglies

atb ss
    those who use nv such as me WILL NOT WANT THIS GARBAGE

THESE ARE GREEN LAMPS NOTHING MORE ......GET A LOGUN WACK A GREEN FILTER ON THERE YOU HAVE IT THE SAME

nv i have is a sentinel with nv lazer ...i can see you ...you canot see me

thats what nv is about

hi

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Do you have a vested interest in this Product ?
    thats what i thought at first

but this products is about as bad as it comes who wants to see green light projected from there lazer....same as lamping

We all know there are a lot of people on here with connection to night vision manufatcurers and retailers and they are going to hate this being released!!! All I am going to say is make up your own minds instead of being lead like sheep away from what is in my opinion one of the best inovations in the industry for some time WELL DONE BSA!!!

The haters will always be haters, You dont have to be sheep

ATB SS

hi

thats a fair comment make you own mind up

BUT THIS IS NO ALTERNATIVE TO NIGHTVISION

its just lamping...... i dont mind people submitting a glorious cheap alternative

but this is a crock of shxxxx that has nowhere as in zilch the capabilities of full nv

just a waste of money ,half price to half a decent nv set up second hand of here of course ,id rather people get pointed in a decent direction not more wasted money

ive probably wasted to much as it is over the years without something new coming on the market stating something it clearly is not....

no offense like

Quote Originally Posted by whitevanman574 View Post
    thats a fair comment make you own mind up

BUT THIS IS NO ALTERNATIVE TO NIGHTVISION

its just lamping...... i dont mind people submitting a glorious cheap alternative

but this is a crock of shxxxx that has nowhere as in zilch the capabilities of full nv

just a waste of money ,half price to half a decent nv set up second hand of here of course ,id rather people get pointed in a decent direction not more wasted money

ive probably wasted to much as it is over the years without something new coming on the market stating something it clearly is not....

no offense like
    None taken fella but altenative is exactly what it is unless the definition of the word alternative has been changed since last I did a wikipedia search on it. Crock of SHSTUFF Well thats a bit strong what grounds is this in depth analysis based? I am glad I have your permission to submit a glorious cheap alterative if I find one that I think you would approve of I will submit it for you to give a review as your obviosly an expert on this subject

No offence like

ATB SS

Quote Originally Posted by Silent sentinel View Post
    I dont know if I am missing something here but this is my 10p's worth
    ATB SS
    I dont have NV but do a bit of lamping, i have no affiliation to any company in these areas.

I have just bought an olight i25 which will do the same thing, not to 250 yards but to 80, i have the option to put a red filter on instead of the green one. It cost me £70 delivered (with both filters, mount and remote switch). For airgun ranges, this does the job. I have a deben mini pro for anything else i need.

I can see how it would have benefits when foxing as a large battery would be negated with this, but the green colour could end up being a negative. I was always told to change colours when the prey gets used to the one you are using.

I think that you are seeing a massive benefit in this product that others, including myself, are finding hard to see. Your positivity towards it is almost coming across as PR spin or sales patter so it seems you are promoting this product.

It is an alternative to night vision in the same way a maglight is, it will let you shoot in the dark, but it cannot be compared to night vision. It is comparable to torches that are in the same price bracket, and there are many torches that could easily do the same job, but have the options of different colour filters.

I hope it is what you want it to be and that it brings more enjoyment to your shooting. I cant see it being a big seller though.

Tony

Laser Lamping !

I'm surprised at the country of origin as to my knowledge it is illegal to sell a complete laser in the US. (not illegal to own, just illegal to retail).

I still think a standard Deben Tracer with the Dimmer switch to be the best Lamping set-up.

the only benefit i could see with this is if they had made it a tiny lazer with a defused beam. so the quarry could only see i tiny pin prick of light from there point of view. as it is a lenser p7 torch with a green filter might not have quite the range but would be just the same. no battery pack there ither.

infact im sure you can get green cree led's so pop one in a lenser torch and you have exsactly the same type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TDes View Post
    I dont have NV but do a bit of lamping, i have no affiliation to any company in these areas.

I have just bought an olight i25 which will do the same thing, not to 250 yards but to 80,

Your positivity towards it is almost coming across as PR spin or sales patter so it seems you are promoting this product.

It is an alternative to night vision in the same way a maglight is, it will let you shoot in the dark, but it cannot be compared to night vision.

Tony
    Hi Tony the reason I've reacted the way I have to the comments is thus, I was misquoted... I did not compare the meerkat.com. But your comparing this item to a cree led torch that is a third of the power I have cree unit and they are good but nowhere near this.

There has been misinformation.... As for spin and patter could I not say the same as it is obvious to me that there is reverse spin and patter going on here also but I am sure the forum members that read this are inteligent enough to make up thier own minds as I have.

Is it the same as a torch or lamp with a green filter ? I dont think so! The spektrum the laser uses is totally different to the one shown by a conventional lamp/torch and if you had seen this baby in use you would then see how it shines over the other types of lamps etc (Oh shines I made a funny).
    I cant comment on the i25 but the look and feel of this item is one of quality. I have Deben lamps and they have been excellent and I would recommened them also but are they the same as this..... No!

ATB SS

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Johnstone View Post
    Laser Lamping !

I'm surprised at the country of origin as to my knowledge it is illegal to sell a complete laser in the US. (not illegal to own, just illegal to retail).

I still think a standard Deben Tracer with the Dimmer switch to be the best Lamping set-up.
    The Tracer is a fantastic bit of kit no argument there but have you seen one of these in action Ian ? I would take a look if you like lamping you may love this. I just dont think people are appreciating the technology that has been intergrated in to this unit.

ATB SS

Without wishing to become embroiled in the merits of Lamp v NV v Laser Torch this bit of kit is a torch. A powerful torch but none the less a torch.

The blurb says it will illuminate out to 250 yards and will make animal eyes glow.

This is all well and good but will it enable you to identify what you're aiming at ?

Glowing eyes at 250 yards are useless if you can't tell what the target is, the useful range will still only be that at which you can tell what you're shooting be it a torch, lamp or NV.

Well I have just bought the item and I will be testing over the next few days I have a video cam on my gun and will be recording the footage and I hope I will be able to show range and the affect it has on spooky prey. I will post a link.

ATB SS

SS

Maybe I too have a suspicious mind but why are you being so evangelical about this product?

It's a torch, yes an innovative, powerful and compact unit, but it's a torch.

Will it replace NV, no it's a torch, NV is covert, this advertises the shooters presence with a bright green light.

What is it good for?
    250m eyeshine pretty much means that you won't be able to make a positive ID at that range or see if it's a safe back drop for targets much closer.

NF lamps outshine this unit by some distance, even the cluson clubman at around £80 gives a better range than this.

Airgun ranges, why spend this much when the gun mounted deben offerings offer a cheaper alternative?

As someone who is out most weeks with lamp and/or NV this seems a pretty pointless and expensive gimmick.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by pothunter View Post

Maybe I too have a suspicious mind but why are you being so evangelical about this product?

It's a torch, yes and innovative, powerful and compact unit, but it's a torch.

Will it replace NV, no it's a torch, NV is covert, this advertises the shooters presence with a bright green light.

What is it good for?
    250m eyeshine pretty much means that you won't be able to make a positive ID at that range or see if it's a safe back drop for targets much closer.

NF lamps outshine this unit by some distance, even the cluson clubman at around £80 gives a better range than this.

Airgun ranges, why spend this much when the gun mounted deben offerings offer a cheaper alternative?

As someone who is out most weeks with lamp and/or NV this seems a pretty pointless and expensive gimmick.

Richard
    Listen if I am the only person that thinks this is an amazing piece of kit then so be it.
    Has anyone seen this in use yet ? I dont think anyone who has given it a complete slagging off here has even seen it in use!
    Did I say it would replace NV ? No I did not and it would seem I am being misquoted yet again !
    People are suspisious of my enthusiasum then they are the one who has a problem not me !
    Anyone who is blinded by the apparent NV only attitude that is present onthis forum has missed an oppertunity IMHO !

I will say no more on the matter I only posted this iten because of my own excitement about the unit, I have now had that spoilt by people who just sit behind computers knowing all and judging all.

However I will be posting the video evidence of the unit in use in a few days so the naysayers can have something else to doubt and discard as spin or whatever rubbish they can throw at this thread.

ATB SS

There has got to be a cheaper way to get night vision?