Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese, Feinwerkbau ?????

Chinese, Feinwerkbau ?????

Hi Lads,
    Just thinking away in work today,after speaking to collin malloy of mag, on will the chinese copy the feinwerkbau. They have copied some of the other big names, and have just seen the tx200 copy, and was very impressed, just a nice thought if they did, Opinions invited.
    Cheers Tim.

They already copied the Model 65 pistol some years ago.....and aparently did a pretty respectable job.

I recall seeing some reporting on these guns on a US forum.

the XS B 15 looks a lot like the FWB sport
    dont know what it shoots like though

I'm sure I've read of reliability problems with the Chinese FWB65 clones, and long term wear issues.

Another american review of the FWB65 copy:

http://www.citlink.net/~schattler/ss2.htm

The parts will wear out and make it dangerous, when cocking it.
    One of the chinese firms (Shanghai) also do a BS4 rifle, presumably a FWB300 copy.

Iain

Perish the thought!!!! They might copy but they will never clone the FWB

I have handled one of the Chinese FWB65 copies but not fired one. It seemed to be of sufficient quality but slightly larger in scale than the 65. The sight controls were the other way round from the real 65. The aksing price was £200 and at that price I was certainly not buying it.

The quality of the tx200 copy looked very good, i think a lot of the lads shooting the xs series of rifles are pleased generally with what they have.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

Thumbs up no,no and NO!!!

as above ,if one becomes an owner of a chinese copy of this icon they will always wonder what ownership of the authentic model would be like .
    kit car copy of a ferrari or the real thing ummm wonder which you might be tempted by. i rest my case.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Hear Hear

I have two Chinese FWB 65 copies.......absolute rubbish as they come out of the box. Reliability problems were very common. The larger parts in these pistols are not too bad; it's the smaller components such as the safety mechanism, trigger parts & those terrible Chinese springs, both main springs. small compression & expanding

That's the downside, well one of them anyway. the upshot is the pistols being clones will take genuine FWB 65 parts, & mine are fitted throughout with FWB springs, seals & one or two other parts. unfortunately FWB spare are silly money & not really a viable proposition.

Oh btw I didn't buy these pistols, I was unlucky enough to be given them by the importers after they had been lying under a desk for years!
    Last edited by wonky donky; 15-04-2010 at 09:22 PM. Reason: more info
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

rather spend the money on a genuine item than a chinese copy especially the tx200.

copies are not a good investment.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

slippery slope.

as a side issue but relevent to this is the tide of cheap and cheerful copys of all the market products flooding into the west;we are all in some way or another guilty of saving a few bob by buying something that gets us through ,but as my friend who is a shop owner says we now have items coming in such as torches that look ok for little money and simply dont work!!! but as they are so cheap that you cant be bothered to take them back.so hold on to your quality solid best of the west and watch as landfills fill up with one year wonders.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Even if the Chinese copy performed as well as a Feinwerkbau, I wouldn't want one; call it snobbery, but part of the pleasure of owning a FWB is the brand and the knowledge that it was made 30 years or more ago by a craftsman, to a standard we don't (or very rarely) see now.