I've been sort of "accumulating" these of late,...whenever i see a nice example or something special.

My latest just came a few days ago,....in a not often seen these days......

......an older but mint THUMBHOLE walnut stock! When's the last time you've seen one of these? Pretty sure it's an older Maccari one,....but not sure. Has hand checkering on the grip and forearm areas,....which makes for a really secure gripping surface.

Three of my other 124's i've restocked with attractive Maccari walnut stocks,....seem to pick them up when i get a chance, as they're not always available anyway. One has an almost exibition grade look to it!

Most of them i've also rebuilt myself,....putting Maccari "Everest" full power kits in them. What a great reason to aquire a spring compressor,.....and have a go at it.

I know i spend a lot more time cleaning and lubing than the guys trying to make a living at this can. Plus it's great relaxation, and a good way to become familiar with your girl's "inner self".

Here are some pics of the thumbhole walnut stock,...and also of my favorite Maccari sporter stock,.....almost exibition grade!

....and some of the Maccari sporter:

Love that deep sharp and clean checkering!

And oneof Jim's pics from where i purchased it:

Both having been rebuild over the last week or so,.....shoot hard and are super smooth,.....but DO take a bit more muscle power to cock.
Not a problem for most folks in reasonable health,....and way under an R1 or similiar....