Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Well if you have any ideas on how to use the above to make an automatic target, please post on this thread!
I did:
You did, and it was most helpful, there are probably many ways to do this, and the more ideas from other people, the better.

But maybe that's not what people want, although I said this was for a Bell Target style effort, I think it would work for any type of falling plate target, althoug it's not as flexible as some of the other solutions on here.
I think the issue is that Mark and I are both part way through a project and have both decided on servos for the flexibility.For me also because I find it easier to control a servo quite precisely from the arduino. Controlling a motor this way is also easy but not as precise, and I find it easier to be able to change a few lines of code rather than juggle gears and pulleys about - each to their own, that said, perhaps I am going a bit overboard as it is after all just a target and doesnt need to be particularly accurate as long is it is up (ish) or down(ish). I hope you find time to have a go at your project, I always find it intereting that there can be so many different ways to achive the same goal. Please add any other ideas you have, mine is changing all the time as I keep thinking of things to add or improve, but I enjoy that and ther is no deadline so I'll just plod along until I'm happy with it - then no doubt will see another idea and start modifying again !

Calv