Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: umarex c02

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    Check this link, there's a great video as well showing how the pistol works. Actually this site has some great information on it.

http://www.pyramydair.com/p/beretta-...llet-gun.shtml
    sweet vid, definitely want one now for sure

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fannin View Post
    sweet vid, definitely want one now for sure
    and me grr
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    and me grr
    i know it looks really great, kind of gutted i didn't know you could get that before he bought the 1911. but i hope there's one in my future

speaking of the umarex 1911, i got a link sent to me the other day asking me if he should get this compensator: http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...tor-black.html

i said i didn't really see much point of a muzzle brake on a c02 pistol, unless he liked it aesthetically (and didn't mind the weight) of course

is there any advantage to a compensator for the umarex 1911 pistol?

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    I've shot with it on and with it off, didn't notice much difference, but it seems quieter from my point of view not sure from other angles, it feels nicer in my hand as well not sure why it cant add that much to the balance, haven't noticed anything in the way of compensating the flip, although i haven't tried it for targets only shooting rapid fire on the move lol, ill have a play next time it comes out and see what difference it makes.
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    I've shot with it on and with it off, didn't notice much difference, but it seems quieter from my point of view not sure from other angles, it feels nicer in my hand as well not sure why it cant add that much to the balance, haven't noticed anything in the way of compensating the flip, although i haven't tried it for targets only shooting rapid fire on the move lol, ill have a play next time it comes out and see what difference it makes.
    thanks sol, if it makes it any quieter at all and doesn't add too much weight i'm sure he'll be interested

cheers mate

I have a S&W 6" and a Beretta XX-Treme. The S&W has a better action, both can put pellet on pellet at 10 meters. When it come to power theres not much in it. I think the 6" barrel has the edge. The removable grip to access the Co2 cartridge is much better on the Beretta and I get more shots from it. ( don't leave gas cartridges in the gun when your not using it, duffs in the seals) I guess its not using so much gas = less power (don't leave gas cartridges in the gun when your not using it, duffs in the seals). The magazine on the S&W is easer to load and takes more rounds and the trigger travel is shorter than the Beretta which is better for double action. Oh, and RWS Co2 pellets are a bit shorter and less likely to jam.

my friend recently bought an umarex 1911 style c02 pistol.
    Was it this Government 1911 airgun replica? I looked at the 360 view of it, and it looks interesting.

what is the difference between the umarex smith and wesson 586 revolver and the 686 revolver?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smoothboar View Post
    I have a S&W 6" and a Beretta XX-Treme. The S&W has a better action, both can put pellet on pellet at 10 meters. When it come to power theres not much in it. I think the 6" barrel has the edge. The removable grip to access the Co2 cartridge is much better on the Beretta and I get more shots from it. ( don't leave gas cartridges in the gun when your not using it, duffs in the seals) I guess its not using so much gas = less power (don't leave gas cartridges in the gun when your not using it, duffs in the seals). The magazine on the S&W is easer to load and takes more rounds and the trigger travel is shorter than the Beretta which is better for double action. Oh, and RWS Co2 pellets are a bit shorter and less likely to jam.
    thanks smoothboar

my friend recently bought an umarex 1911 style c02 pistol. apart from the grip safety being...not quite right, it's good.

i was looking at the (i think it's umarex too) smith and wesson 586 and i see that it comes in 2 barrel lengths, 4 inch and 6 inch.

my question is would the 6 inch barrel be more accurate than the 4 inch variant, and would it send pellets downrange faster than the 4 inch barrel?

thanks a lot
    it also comes in 8" and yes it is slightly more accurate if you can hold that much metal try different pellets (of all types and wights) to find out what the gun likes (pell pack are good for this)