Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BSA Light Pattern

Chanced across this site. Some nice old adverts for aperture sights as above.

http://www.rifleman.org.uk/BSA_sight...ccessories.htm

Bsa Apature Sight

Hi i have just been told by my brother in law that he has
    a BSA apature sight with an oval plate with two holes for screwing to the stock and a circular iris with different size
    holes to look through as i have not yet seen it i have no
    more info except the No P/PAT 21332/09 does anyone
    know which model gun these were made for ?
    THANKS ALL AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

edbear2 Guest
    Was wandering around cyberspace looking for BSA sight info, and chanced upon this old thread.......some great info and pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Coburn,

The early production ,two hole trigger block models did not have an adjustable trigger. The trigger pull was set at the factory and then marked on the underside of the stock immediately behinf the trigger guard. These marking are often hardly visible as they wear off over the years. They take the shape of a triangle with a number inside followed by LB. The number corresponds to the trigger pull. (ie 5lb = 5LB trigger pull).Lakey
    Lakey I have just resurrected this old thread as I have noticed that the markings on mine are a C followed by 27 inside the triangle. Does this mean the pull is 2lb 7 oz?

Further markings include 14 1/4 stamped on the underside of the stock - I assume this is the length but begs the question were a range of stock lengths available?

Many thanks

Hi Copperjacket,

Hmmmm, not sure about the 2lb 7oz trigger pull weight. From memory I think I have only seen single figure pull weights marked. They are normally set a bit on the heavy side for safety sake, so 4-5lb are normally the range encountered. BSA did make a range of 3 stock sizes. 14 1/4" was the normal 'full size' stock fitted to the bigger .22 Standards, however you could specify any of the 3 stock sizes required when you ordered the gun. They were 14.25", 13.25" and 11.25" (I think ) however the 13.25" was often fitted to light pattern guns.

Hope that helps

Lakey

Thanks very much.