Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: info on a milbro

Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post

that looks absolutely brilliant!!where did you get the plastic stock from as mine has got splits in it!!I am not letting the kids use it anymore!!!

The two side plates were broken so I used the side plates from my mint pistol to make mini moulds out of plasticine and used araldite to caste/fix the missing bits, re drilling and countersinking the screw holes. The grip had been near some sort of heat and was distorted so the base plate had gone missing - more araldite and an artistic application of files etc before a spray base and top coat. All the plastic bits were polished to get rid of scratches, the rest I had nickle plated. The internals were given the full replacement etc treatment.

Blingo! A space age Cougar. I would like to get a shoulder stock to finish it off - anyone out there got one?????????
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

so how much are they worth? mine has broken side plates but other wise it's all there!.

It is the broken side plates that does it. Someone on this site was looking at having replacements made but nothing seems to have come of it.

Mine is mint but for the plastic having faded on one side from being in a shop window, I paid £127 delivered from Hiller (him of the book) in 2000 and was happy.

Broken side plates that cannot be replaced . . . £60(?)
    lodmoor

It is the broken side plates that does it. Someone on this site was looking at having replacements made but nothing seems to have come of it.

Mine is mint but for the plastic having faded on one side from being in a shop window, I paid £127 delivered from Hiller (him of the book) in 2000 and was happy.

Broken side plates that cannot be replaced . . . £60(?)
    was yours boxed with all the bits! If i sell it I would need to buy something for the kids to use!!would like to get a haenal mod1 drp.

The only thing missing with mine was the sleeve that covered the box but I think it is a late model and after said sleeve was discontinued.
    lodmoor

The only thing missing with mine was the sleeve that covered the box but I think it is a late model and after said sleeve was discontinued.
    Thanks for your help,Think I will sell it and find a bsa cadet.