Thread: Limit pop-out pistol.

Limit pop-out pistol.

Neighbour asked me what this is worth, stamped on the top “Made in England LIMIT” are there any collectors of these around?
    Seems to have a hell of a strong spring in it, but struggles to spit a slug out.
    Can anyone give a valuation please?
    http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...ent=Limit3.jpg
    http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...ent=Limit2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by magicesperanto View Post
    Neighbour asked me what this is worth, stamped on the top “Made in England LIMIT” are there any collectors of these around?
    Seems to have a hell of a strong spring in it, but struggles to spit a slug out.
    Can anyone give a valuation please?
    http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...ent=Limit3.jpg
    http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...ent=Limit2.jpg
    Sorry, i have no idea of value but the lack of power could be the main seal being long since dead..
    It be that the seal is dry as a bone and need a bit of oil introducing, also, there's probably a pellet pusher that screws in at the rear, these used to have a fibrous sealing ring so that the air diedn't escape around the threads..

It's similar to one of those Dollar type pistols or the modern day gat guns i presume...

It looks in quite nice condition

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Yes there are collectors around, I am one of them.

I am just a sad anorak that likes pop-outs (I do a bit with Webleys as well). From your point of view they are not very liked and not very valuable.

Just to add to it my guess is that there should be a sleeve over the spring, really early pop-outs had the spring bare but the Limit did not, it had a sleeved spring so this one is missing a bit.

Lack of oomph (not that there ever was much) will be either the internal seal or, as the man says, a lack of washer around the pellet probe (the pointy bit that shoves the slug into the breech).

It is quite corroded as well so I would say £15.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

They cost 17s@6p in 1950, it was my first pistol but a week later went back to the catapult, it killed further/and more oftenjohn
    snarepeg.

Killed further? What were you shooting with the pop-out - ants?
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post

Loddy

A chap that worked at the wife's place brought a Diana LP2 to show me when i picked her up from work.

I shot it at a large industrial dustbin and it hit home with a fair old Whack!!!.

i was surprised and offered to buy it from him should he decide to let it go, it was in superb condition but the next i heard he had sold it to one of his workmates

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    The CATAPULT, you plonkerjohn
    snarepeg.

Hi, I have a Milbro pop-out in good condition, it cost me £15.50 in 1998. So I think the price of past posts £15 is on the nail. My one is now at about £25.
    Regards Marsh.
    Good deals with Eddiekneejerk, scirroco,Garvin, brownie,NeilLedger,NortonAMC,MadMike,Lodmoor,Jonny Mark,ogilkes,brdrew,averageplinker,canman,Pagoda1, boxman,beagle,clueless,RobMac,RobM,DaveJW,leroy02, JerryCornelius,jarrod,Alistair,jonno1972,Emsill and Stuart.