Thread: My new (to me) toy!

My new (to me) toy!

Some of you may have noticed that I bagged this little beauty the other day...

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/a...inalModel6.jpg

An Original Model 6M, thankyou very much elewis411!

The gun is in superb condition, just needs some black on the front sight post as its it's down to metal on the edges. Other than that she's pretty much perfect!

I'm amazed by the GISS piston system, recoil is virtually undetectable with zero muzzle flip! The grip is great and the trigger is loads better than the Alecto, which feels vague by comparison!

I think it's one of the later versions as it has the holes for the weight on the barrel sleeve. I was looking for a serial number, it's got 21988 on the breach block, is this it? Anyone got any idea when made? '88 perhaps?

Obviously, It's first outing will be for the 6y comp this week, although compared with the scorpion, it'll feel like I'm cheating!

If anyone has any useful info about these guns, please email it me. I know there's quite a bit on the net including some interesting strip-down guides, but i know there's a few here who have the same gun...

think original did use the date of manufacture as its serial number..2/1988.

Let you try my FWB Mod.80 to see how they compare.

Yea, that's the next one on my list, that or a FWB 103! Gotta clear some funds and do some grovelling before I can start lookin tho!

My collections growing now, I think I've got it bad...

Nice one Thanaton. Isn't it funny how once we buy one gun, we turn into mini "arms dealers" LOL
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton23 View Post
    Some of you may have noticed that I bagged this little beauty the other day...
    Yes, I did. As I read the sales thread, I thought "I don't need one but what a bargain!" then thankfully saw it'd been sold

A proper target pistol is a joy to use, and puts everything else in the shade. I suspect your other pistols will soon begin to gather dust! I've not used an Original, but I have a FWB65.

Matt

Date of Manufacture

These are nice. I'm lucky enough to have two, one with the grips the same as yours and the other with the wooden target grips. They really are nice to use. Personally I prefer the plastic grips . Oh by the way , the month and year of manufacture are stamped in to the body on the left hand side just below and to the rear of the rear sight (mm/yr) .

Cheers . Alan

In that case, it's April '84 then!

Anyone got any tips on pellet choice for these guns? I'm using gecos for now and they seem a nice fit and are accurate, is there anything else that they particularly like?

Pellets

I use both Geco's and Hobby's in mine, whichever is to hand, doesn't seem to make much difference. On both of mine the little screw which holds on the foresight blade works lose regularly and worth keeping an eye on.
    Cheers . Alan

Thumbs up Six-m

Super pistol, i've owned 3 of them my current 1 has wood grips which i prefer,
    one of my pistols came with the barrel weight which was huge very heavy, and never used, the pistol balance & weight was just right for me. I never got on with the fwb cos i did'nt like the balance of it. The 6m is my favourite all time pistol, enjoy it, for pellets i use Geco or R10's. Don't worry about pistons seals the original ones used to go mushy & break up, but the modern replacements usually blue in colour last for years. atb ...mike...

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    In that case, it's April '84 then!
    Does that qualify for our Vintage pistol category? I don't remember the cut off date.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

I assumed it would, I was going to use it for the vintage anyway...there are others using the same gun in the vintage comp...

Having said that, I do like using the scorpion. It's got a real kick to it and a 10 tastes all the more sweeter! Although, the .22 calibre does give it an advantage which compensates for the recoil somewhat.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I assumed it would, I was going to use it for the vintage anyway...there are others using the same gun in the vintage comp...
    Then you're in, for sure!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Who's that then?

Anyway mine's older than yours
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it