Thread: Webley Tempest Anniversary

Webley Tempest Anniversary

I think that's what they may be called . Any one know anything about these - when they are coming out etc ?
    Last edited by MarkV; 16-06-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Tempest

Probably best to give Blackpool Air Rifles a call they still are taking a £20 deposit for these.
    Mind you they have been doing so since last November.
    Daystate Huntsman Classic.22 Airsporter Mark 2 .22
    HW8OK .22 Browning 525 12 gauge
    BASC Member 500044010

Fine tuning is still in process.
    It will probably be a minimum of one month, possibly more, before they are released.
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 16-06-2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: New Information

Its called the Webley Tempest Centennial

http://www.webley.co.uk/index.php?op...d=17&Itemid=22

I read somewhere that it will be tuned to something like 5.5ft/lb as opposed to the usual 3-3.5ft/lbs of a standard Tempest. Not sure how true this is however.

Cheers
    Ian

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central
    Info I got was that power will be same as the 'classic' tempests. Webley did put 6 ft lbs on their website, but this is thought not to be the case.
    I await arrival of mine eagerly!

Should be same lowish power as usual.
    ATB,
    yana

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Should be same lowish power as usual.
    As above i cannot see how on earth they would get 6ft/lb out of a Tempest. I think this is very misleading by the company concerned and needs to be corrected.

Regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    As above i cannot see how on earth they would get 6ft/lb out of a Tempest. I think this is very misleading by the company concerned and needs to be corrected.

Regards

Barrel
    Webley were made aware of this inaccurate statement several months ago, but nobody has yet seen fit to change it.
    When it is on sale, it will be more or less the same power as the original, around 3.5ft.lb.

JerryD is online now Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Lloyd sent me this when I emailed to get an update:

Dear Jerry

I have just rung Webley and they have told me the end of June for delivery, sorry about the delay.

Lloyd

So ....... imminent. June, yeah, but which year?

(BTW: no criticism of BAR here - the problem's not of their making).

Jerry

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
    Webley were made aware of this inaccurate statement several months ago, but nobody has yet seen fit to change it.
    When it is on sale, it will be more or less the same power as the original, around 3.5ft.lb.
    Surely anyone who purchases one of these pistols based on the statement they have made regarding its power output would have every right to return it when they put it over a chronograph?.

Regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

When I got my first airgun as a 33 year old (had strict parents!) I wanted a Senior which I had coveted as a young lad.

Seniors were by then out of production, replaced by the Tempest and Hurricane. I ended up with the Hurricane, but disappointingly it was all die-cast, plastic and roll pins, rather than engineering and gunsmithing.

Sorry, but I wouldn't want to pay £200 for one, regardless of the box it is sold in. I would prefer the Crosman 1377 that I turned down in 1978, when I got the Webley.

Just my two pennorth.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Hmm its just the legal 6Ftp limit that causes that 6Ftp statement imo. Same reason why they say 12Ftp to all rifles while they might deliver only 10/11Ftp's.
    You should take the power statement that seriously.
    ATB,
    yana

I see the power level of 6ft.lbs. is no longer quoted.

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central
    No news on mine yet

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    When I got my first airgun as a 33 year old (had strict parents!) I wanted a Senior which I had coveted as a young lad.

Seniors were by then out of production, replaced by the Tempest and Hurricane. I ended up with the Hurricane, but disappointingly it was all die-cast, plastic and roll pins, rather than engineering and gunsmithing.

Sorry, but I wouldn't want to pay £200 for one, regardless of the box it is sold in. I would prefer the Crosman 1377 that I turned down in 1978, when I got the Webley.

Just my two pennorth.
    I had a Hurricane, and thought it was shoddy compared to the Senior/Mk1. Difficult to strip and reassemble as well. Seniors/Mk1s are a breeze to work on due to them being properly made.