Thread: CP99 question.

CP99 question.

Can someone tell me if these pistols are the same?

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/makeBig.asp?ID=223&pic=1

And...

http://www.ronniesunshines.com/walth...ium-p-237.html

There is a £45 price difference between the two with the 'titanium' being more expensive.

Thanks,

Steve.

CP99 fires pellets

P99 fires BB's

They are both the pellet-firing versions (CP99 Compact fires ball ammo).

Unless the "Titanium" version is a genuine Umarex special edition, it looks to me like this is just what Ronnie's are just calling the Nickel slide version - which they don't seem to sell separately - so yes, they are the same gun.

Bearing in mind they can't spell 'recent' and describe it as 'semi-auto' (it isn't), I would go with the poorly-written advert explanantion.

Iain

Oh yea

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton23 View Post
    CP99 fires pellets

P99 fires BB's
    without wishing to be flamed, i'm fairly certain that's incorrect, as the P99 is the real walther and the CP99 is the umarex C02 version (I have 2 of them) the BB firing version is the CP99 compact which is also blowback

looking at your 2 links they appear to be the same gun as the titanium top-slide version is only available in the real firearm P99 version, the CP99 umarex version is nickle. I'd be tempted to go to lloyds for one (your first link) as the ronnie sunshine advert is misleading in its claim to be titanium - as far as I am aware umarex do NOT make this gun with a titanium slide but I am open to correction. Also, lloyd's price is more realistic for the nickle version, the other one is waaaaaaayy overpriced

Plus the sunshine advert has spelling mistakes and that just annoys the hell out of me!!

if you can get to lloyds then that's the one I'd go for, or check out the sales section as they come up all the time. If blackpool is too far then I can also recommend tim in standish, he's got the nickle in for around £150quid

hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton23 View Post
    Nope, I'm afraid your wrong, the one from Ronnies is a P99 and it fire BB's (or is airsoft, one or t'other)!
    if this is the case then why does the advert state it is an 8 shot .177 pellet version? I doubt very much that an airsoft pistol would have a titanium slide and I can't find one anywhere on wolf armouries?

Thanks for the replies.

Looking at the two pistols, the metal part looks different shades or colour unless it's just the lighting used in taking the two pics?

Ronnies is the nearest place that does these pistols but if they are the same I can't justify paying that much over the odds.

Will keep an eye on the sales here.

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by spaspecker View Post
    if this is the case then why does the advert state it is an 8 shot .177 pellet version? I doubt very much that an airsoft pistol would have a titanium slide and I can't find one anywhere on wolf armouries?
    Yea, I realised that... I changed my post but you were too quick for me!

It's been a long day and I accidentally emptied a few beers!

Seen the postage from Ronnie Sunshine's?

UK P&P: £900.00
    Additional Item + : £900.00

WOT nine hundred quid?