Thread: Cp88 help :(

Cp88 help :(

I got a cp88 4" last week and i came to shoot it this weekend and it fires fine single action, but double action isnt releasing enough co2 and only just gets the pellet out of the magazine, i found that the problem is that the hammer is being released too early and isnt hitting the pin hard enough. I think its something to do with the trigger bar spring, but i had a look and it doesnt look out of the ordinary
    Has anyone got any knowledge of these guns and could help me?
    Thanks

-Josh

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    ive got the same problem with mine. i think my problem is the trigger bar, ive got the old model cp88, but the trigger bar i have is the only one available and is for the new model, and since putting that in ive been having the same problem.
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

I may have fixed it, i was having a look around it to see if there was anything i could do (i was grabbing at straws really because i really didnt know what it was) and i found a screw on the left hand side just under the hammer, its only visible when you pop off the grip. I felt to see if it was tight and it was, but being desperate i loosened it and re-tightened it. It seemed to do the trick as ive dry fired it and they both sound and feel the same whereas before there was a considerable difference. Not had chance to fire it though as ive only just figured it out and i dont fancy waking the neighbors! I really do hope its fixed it, give it a try see if it works for you. I'll let you know when i've tested it.
    Best of luck
    -Josh

Rayee is offline I don't need a gun; I've got an attack butterfly.
    Don't know if this will help: pic.

Pic of the inside of a CP88. I can't remember exactly what I was doing, but I used the pic as reference for putting it back together. A worn hammer?