Thread: FWB mod 90 value?

FWB mod 90 value?

Hi Folks,

I have a mint condition FWB model 90 air pistol, electronic trigger version, which I wish to sell but have no idea as to what price to ask? Surrey guns has suggested £400 !!! Sounds a bit much to me, whats the pistol collectors thoughts?

Cheers,

Bing!

Quote Originally Posted by Bing! View Post
    Hi Folks,

I have a mint condition FWB model 90 air pistol, electronic trigger version, which I wish to sell but have no idea as to what price to ask? Surrey guns has suggested £400 !!! Sounds a bit much to me, whats the pistol collectors thoughts?

Cheers,

Bing!
    I would have thought £300 is a more realistic price to ask for on here and even that might be quite optimistic these days. The mod 90 is not to everyone's taste because it needs batteries to function, although I understand they are readily available.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I'm with Garvin on this one, and the few that I've come for sale across don't fetch as much as the 65 or 80. I think that people are worried about the Trigger going wrong, and generally feel that the mechanical Trigger is upto the job anyway, and less problematic.

Vic T

Chris Potter guns in Tunbridge Wells had one for sale recently for £600,it did look like new though.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pig View Post
    Chris Potter guns in Tunbridge Wells had one for sale recently for £600,it did look like new though.
    Peter
    My guess is that they probably still have it.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste

Fwb 90

A superb pistol, subject to unjustified criticism (IMHO) re the need for a battery to actuate the trigger. The battery is readily available and the trigger has the "dry fire" function not available on the 65 and 80 models. The battery lasts for years in normal use. Well worth £250 and upwards in my book for a good one.
    Laudator temporis acti

Fwb

Perhaps the FWB 90 is not quite as well balanced as the FWB 65 and 80 but it may appeal to a collector as there are fewer around than the 65/80's.
    It is a nice pistol to shoot and in excellent/mint condition with manual and tools I would go along with £300
    John
    hold me back !!

I believe that of the FWB spring match pistols 65's are the most numerous, followed by the 80's with the 90's produced in the lowest numbers.

I guess that in the fullness of time the 90's may well be the rarest and go up in value?

Cheers
    Ian

Thanks chaps,

Have taken on board all thats said plus a good search on past pistols for sale/sold. The Pistol will probably be in circulation in a few days, got to sort some photos etc.

Thanks again.

Bing!

One in the sales section now for £395.
    Peter