View Poll Results: which caliber webley alecto should i get

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll

23 85.19%

4 14.81%

Thread: Webley alecto caliber

Webley alecto caliber

hi all im going to get a webley alecto but i cant decide on the caliber i like the thaught of a 22 pistol but wont the trajectory be very loopy due to the low power compared to a rifle or should i stick to a 177

opinions please

.177 for me. .22 is fun but if you want to hit more stuff...
    Plus, ammo is cheaper!

I would go for .177

More versatile IMO

Cheers
    Ian

.177 is the only way to go.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

I've just bought one in .177 ,so thats what i'd reccomend .I'm a novice when it comes to pistols,but i'm really enjoying this alecto & i've even hit the target a few times now no to be fair it does seem to be quite accurate even in my hands .cheers marcus

Don't listen to all those big southern poofters - go for a real man's calibre in 0.22.

There are too many 0.177 Alectos beating me in the UBC comps as it is, without any more!

voted .177 as im converted to this cal i like .22 rifle but pistol no it deffo has to be .177 with a red dot on top

also dont forget there will be no recoil like the hw45 and so on

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    .22, but that's only 'cause they don't make them in .25

Rayee is offline I don't need a gun; I've got an attack butterfly.
    177 and give it three pumps - whoosh!

.22 would be a beast tho! My BSA Scorpion (pistol) is in .22 and I love it! It's great for blasting stuff as it tends to blow stuff to smitherines rather than just pierce it as a .177 does. Also, I used the scorpion on the HFT course at the Leicester meet-up last month and did better with that than with the Alecto! I also found that the trajectory of the shot was very flat and my POI changed very little regardless of the range, I was using the .22 RWS Hobby's tho, which are very lightweight for a .22. The new Falcon Accuracy Plus pellets work well too! Anyway, my point is that over the distances your going to be shooting a pistol, the whole "loopy shooty" problem is not such an issue, particularly if you're close to the limit (my BSA chrono'd @ 5.9 when I bought it, although it was dieseling).

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    I prefer .22 for plinking. I like to see the pellet looping it's way to the target

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    .177 for targets, .22 for hunting. Since you don't hunt with an air pistol: why bother with .22?

The only exception I could see is for a .22 pistol for finishing shots on wounded game.

Jim

Big Southern Poofter
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    .22, but that's only 'cause they don't make them in .25
    Then there's the cowboy, who carried a Colt .45 only because Colt didn't make a .46.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Exclamation Alecto

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    .177 for targets, .22 for hunting. Since you don't hunt with an air pistol: why bother with .22?

The only exception I could see is for a .22 pistol for finishing shots on wounded game.

Jim

Big Southern Poofter
    Jim did you see the Alecto-ed thread where I commented that alecto now in US from the end of Aug atb...mike...