Thread: .177 Barrel for Webley Mk2 problem solved

.177 Barrel for Webley Mk2 problem solved

Like others on here I have been after a .177 barrel for my Mk2 for some time.

Mine is a third series with the "central" peep sight. I was offered a second series (serial number below 2000) with the "L" shaped peep sight the other day. It is a .177. Ok the barrel number (much higher) does not match and the stock is, I am now convinced, a modern reproduction - cheek piece and no chequering - but bloody well done! However the action is original as the serial number behind the trigger guard and the three numbers on the link match - even though it looks like there has been some reblueing. I would add that I bought it for a very fair price.

Anyway I know have two Mk2s in two series, with interchangeable barrels in two calibres with which I am well pleased. If anyone would like to donate a .25 barrel to make it complete I would be grateful!

Here are the pictures:-

http://s777.photobucket.com/albums/y...Service%20Mk2/

]

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Good call Paul . Nice one, and two nice rifles you have there, too. As you know, I managed to get a .177 barrel for my Service Mk.II series III off here the other month, too. God bless the BBS, eh . Have just got back from going to see a very fairly priced three-barrel Service myself however. It was one that I had been told about outside of the BBS, but since agreeing the deal, and me going round to get it, he put the price up by £200 ! So after telling him where he could stick it, and to do it sideways, and even offering to insert it for him, I now just have the one Service, but with two barrels, which suits me just fine (for now ). Ha ha. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste

Service Mk II

Hello Paul, Nice pair, I think you now need a version 1 to complete the set and satisfy the collector`s instinct, and of course your true Webley 0.25" cal barrel! I don`t think you`ll find too many willing donors though! Then you`ll need a Mk I (photo etched for preference!), and maybe something contemporary for comparison such as a WW Greener camback or a Haenel VIE, and then some contemporary pistols-------------Stop before it`s too late!!!!
    Laudator temporis acti

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda113 View Post
    Hello Paul, Nice pair, I think you now need a version 1 to complete the set and satisfy the collector`s instinct, and of course your true Webley 0.25" cal barrel! I don`t think you`ll find too many willing donors though! Then you`ll need a Mk I (photo etched for preference!), and maybe something contemporary for comparison such as a WW Greener camback or a Haenel VIE, and then some contemporary pistols-------------Stop before it`s too late!!!!

I am on the slippery slope.

I wasn't interested in rifles until about a year ago - I was collecting Webley pistols (still am) and going for a full set (sad I know) from Mark 1 to Alecto.

Then I was offered the first Service - just loved the look and engineering. Then a mint Vulcan boxed but just love to shoot it. Next a Mark 3 came along - then another. A really cheap but good Junior followed (love that one - so accurate). Then the other Service.

Wouldn't I just love a Mark 1 - never even seen one!

But SURELY - there must be some kind person out there who would love to give me an original Webley .25 barrel? (Deluded moi?)