Thread: LP 2, LP 3, LP 53 Variations

LP 2, LP 3, LP 53 Variations

Hi,

I have a small collection of these pistols and I wanted to know how many variations there are of the LP 2, LP 3 and LP 53?

Many thanks, Mick

walthers

Hi Mick
    I am not at home at present so i can't check this out but this should hopefully do for a start

LP 53
    Earliest model was all black smooth finish with adjustable trigger and duck bill rear end to action at top (mine had black grips but some may have had brown grips)
    Next came the crinckle finish to action (to hide the parent metal small inclusions/laps/pores etc). This came in brown or black grips with duck bill end and non adjustable but very nice trigger
    Then came the later ones with flat end to top of action with crinckle finish in black or brown grips with non adjustable trigger
    LP 3
    2 barrels, one with ridged alloy exterier, the other (rarer) with a shorter (bull)circular barrel (blued steel - i think). Grips were from memory, either plastic also walnut and then a match adjustable, ' top of the range' walnut
    LP2
    I have only seen models with ridged barrels (alloy exterier)
    Grips were basic plastic type or walnut ones
    John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    Hi Mick
    I am not at home at present so i can't check this out but this should hopefully do for a start

LP 53
    Earliest model was all black smooth finish with adjustable trigger and duck bill rear end to action at top (mine had black grips but some may have had brown grips)
    Next came the crinckle finish to action (to hide the parent metal small inclusions/laps/pores etc). This came in brown or black grips with duck bill end and non adjustable but very nice trigger
    Then came the later ones with flat end to top of action with crinckle finish in black or brown grips with non adjustable trigger
    LP 3
    2 barrels, one with ridged alloy exterier, the other (rarer) with a shorter (bull)circular barrel (blued steel - i think). Grips were from memory, either plastic also walnut and then a match adjustable, ' top of the range' walnut
    LP2
    I have only seen models with ridged barrels (alloy exterier)
    Grips were basic plastic type or walnut ones
    John
    Thanks for the info John, it appears I am missing the model with the crinkle finish and the duck bill feature.

Atb, Mick