Thread: Quackenbush no. 5 help value

Quackenbush no. 5 help value

hi everyone can any one help me with an up to date value of a Quackenbush model 5 ,smooth bore combination air rifle, on top of air chamber is h.m. Quackenbush herkimer.n.y PAT APR 1871 may 21.72 & RE SEP 26 82 ,serial no. 416 aprrox date 1886, nickel plated , the gun is in very good condition and exellent working order all original screws and rivits, the stock has had an extention peice put on it, so not original butt plate,there is no converter in patch box in side of stock, led to believe that only 1500 to 2000 were made, been out of collecting for many years so lost track of prices, many thanks to everyone who has helped me with other guns, thanks

bob

Wink quackenbush

Quote Originally Posted by gunspring View Post
    hi everyone can any one help me with an up to date value of a Quackenbush model 5 ,smooth bore combination air rifle, on top of air chamber is h.m. Quackenbush herkimer.n.y PAT APR 1871 may 21.72 & RE SEP 26 82 ,serial no. 416 aprrox date 1886, nickel plated , the gun is in very good condition and exellent working order all original screws and rivits, the stock has had an extention peice put on it, so not original butt plate,there is no converter in patch box in side of stock, led to believe that only 1500 to 2000 were made, been out of collecting for many years so lost track of prices, many thanks to everyone who has helped me with other guns, thanks

bob
    Bob
    Have a talk to this guy, he's in the US, he's the guy with all the knowledge on Quackenbushes.
    john@jgairguns.biz
    Good luck
    Brian

Quackinbush

many thanks brian , let you know how i get on , thanks bob

Quackenbush

Bob, I don't know if it will help, but I have a 1978 copy of Airgun World that has a Collectors Special article on the Quackenbush and shows the No5 broken down. PM me if you are interested. Dave.

Quackinbush

thanks dave i have that copy but will have to look it out thanks,

bob

Quackinbush

any thoughts

gun

todays bump