Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice please

Thank you Paul.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Sorry to hear of your situation Cookie,

Have no experience in this area at all,

But just to raise a point that others may be aware of? can not the CSA or similar clobber your Ex for Child Support??

Just a thought,

All The Best,

Bernard.

Hi Cookie

I'm not able to help with the bennefits side at all, but I was in the same boat a number of years back. All I can say is every decision I made at the time I made on the basis of how it would impact the kids first and me second. Also I made a point of never slagging their Mum off no matter how I felt about her.

Now 10 years on we are able to converse over a drink and make decisions that affect the kids in a rational way. I often get compliments on how balanced and stable my 2 kids are, so I must have got some of it right!

Having said all that it is bloody hard work and not at all easy to cope with emotionally, but a cuddle in front of the telly with the kids makes it all worth it for me.

Hang in there you know you can do it!

Andre'
    Pro Sport; TX200; S&W 586; Webley Alecto; Red Hawk; HW57; CP88 Competition; HW45; MPR-FT.

Quote Originally Posted by ratgunner View Post
    Sorry to hear of your situation Cookie,

Have no experience in this area at all,

But just to raise a point that others may be aware of? can not the CSA or similar clobber your Ex for Child Support??

Just a thought,

All The Best,

Bernard.
    Hi Bernard, at the moment she is happy to pay me maitenance we just have to agree an amount, so hopefully i can avoid getting the csa involved.

But thank you for the advice, every little snippet is welcome.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Andy View Post
    Hi Cookie

I'm not able to help with the bennefits side at all, but I was in the same boat a number of years back. All I can say is every decision I made at the time I made on the basis of how it would impact the kids first and me second. Also I made a point of never slagging their Mum off no matter how I felt about her.

Now 10 years on we are able to converse over a drink and make decisions that affect the kids in a rational way. I often get compliments on how balanced and stable my 2 kids are, so I must have got some of it right!

Having said all that it is bloody hard work and not at all easy to cope with emotionally, but a cuddle in front of the telly with the kids makes it all worth it for me.

Hang in there you know you can do it!

Andre'
    Hi Andre, I think we may be cut from the same cloth, my kids are fore front of all my dicisions at the moment, and i wont even let others speak of thier mum in a bad way while they are around. We have always been told how well mannered and behaved our kids are, and hopefully between us we can continue to give them a stable and happy childhood.

And your are absolutely right, the kids and i were cuddled up on the sofa last night watching TV, I had my arms wrapped around both of them and felt very warm, content and still thier daddy if you know what i mean.

Thanks fella I know every situation is different, but it's nice to know what I'm doing has worked out well for someone else in the past.

Thanks again

Cookie

Best wishes

Sorry about your situation mate, good luck to you and your children.

Best Regards

Ian
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction!

Thanks Ian.