Thread: Improved D

Collieman is offline Has a Parsnip shaped like an amusing "Thingy"

Improved D

I have been reading quite a few post lately regarding the Improved D.
    Can anyone comment on their accuracy compared to a modern springer over 6 - 10M range.

Regards

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Collieman View Post
    I have been reading quite a few post lately regarding the Improved D.
    Can anyone comment on their accuracy compared to a modern springer over 6 - 10M range.

Regards

Luke
    At that range Luke I believe they are every bit as accurate as a modern springer with comparable open sights. Obviously it would depend on the shooter and his ability to compensate for the lack of a half stock, which makes the old BSAs less comfortable to hold.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Luke.......as Garvin says, the accuracy is there to be had, the limiting factors are ;

1. Finding a gun with a good bore..many have been maltreated over the years.

2. getting used to a trigger with a 4lb or close pull weight....that said, they are crisp and break cleanly, it is just heavy compared to a modern 2 stage jobbie.

Apart from that, I would say that they will match anything out there with practise......these are results from me testing various vintage pellets....the gun was a 1908 BSA, seated and rested to get the best comparison....this is a 5 shot group at 10 yards

Collieman is offline Has a Parsnip shaped like an amusing "Thingy"
    Thanks for the replies, better than I can manage at the moment (must remember - practice, practice, practice)

I've always been interested in guns and it looks as though an improved D will be getting added to the collection soon, i'll just have to keep my eyes open.

Luke