Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter View Post
You keep banging on about .22 rimmies nick but I can tell you mine was more accurate then the the farmers nephew's one and ammo is expensive. Yes it might cost alot less the rifle but the .25 as Ive said and say it over and over again , " for the FAC AIR- rifle hunter the .25 is the DON, 50ftlb with a 31gr round it takes care of everything AND you dont come back smelling of gun-powder as with rimmies AND alot of land is not cleard for rim-fire or as in my case the farmer dont want it as he has alot of cattle .
No one is saying rim-fire is not good but here we are talking air and I for one dont want a 17hmr which blows to bits your quarry and a rimmi that wont do any more then what a highly tunes 50ftlb .25 rapid wont, trust me Ive been there, yes maybe you have 100ftlb with your 40gr bullit but the .25 air rifle running at 50ftlb will do just as much damage as the rimmi and with far better accuracy.
And dont argue nickos , you know its true. blinking tea-bag
Again Costas you are not paying attention and just picking out the bits of my post that suit your argument. I'm agreeing with you that for pure air, the .25 is the best hunting tool available. I make the point every time when I talk to you and post on here that for those unable or unwilling to use .22LR for whatever reason, the .25 air rifle is the best hunting tool there is. Your point on accuracy is simply not right. You quote just one example of a .22LR being compared with your tricked Rapid worth when new about a grand. I can assure you, having shot both, that MY Savage which cost me around £200 will shoot as well as your Rapid AND requires virtually no maintenance. OK .22LR ammo cost around 7p a shot these days. Your Baracudas cost-say-2p each. I say again you can buy an awful lot of .22LR for the difference between the costs of the rifles. That cost difference also conveniently ignores the cost of fuel to get your dive tank topped up. and so on and so on.
Still you like it and that is all that matters.