Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
To be honest, I'd rather have a sech anschutz, FWB etc. Not cause the AA is inherently less accurate, no, its because its an mpr, that is 'multi purpose'.
That is, its not fully made for ánything specific. Not 100% for 10m either.
Might have different stockfit/shape, trigger, balance etc,cause its not 100% made for 10m.
It doesnt excell in anything, thats the 'problem'.
If yr looking for a hobby mpr, than its a good go, if yr looking for 100% 10m rifle, I'd buy something else.
I bought my walther LG300 new for E800. Thats the same price as the mpr costs here. And the walther ís 100% for 10m.
I beg to differ, what the MPR does excell in, says otherwise.

HFT - Worlds
Benchrest euros and world cup.
British nationals and world postals.
20 yard standing rifle.
Biathlon.

It probably hasn't amounted to much in 10 metre, as many entry level MPR shooters appear to accede to the hype and abandon them for the more fashionable 'labels'
The AA400 platform is simple and as accurate as any other. I'm often amused by those who explore the merits of other marques and ultimately come full circle.
There are loads of kids and adults in various airgun disciplines worldwide, using the very versatile MPR to good effect and outshooting the pedigree rifles consistently.
It's made for shooting and is as accurate as the person pulling the trigger.
An MPR is one gun does all and does it very successfully.
With adjustment, it allows it's owner to participate in a variety of disciplines without resorting to acquiring an veritable arsenal in order to do so.

So saying .. I have three, each with a different use.

Gary.