Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shots per CO 2 carts?

sweeet!!

On the Umarex S&W 586, if only all the shots would be as satisfying as the first ten, by the time you get to about fifty you could spit them with more velocity.

Ambient temp does have some effect though.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    The thing that I found with a lote of the cheeper co2 pistols is that you need to have strong fingers to shoot them using double action. I prefer guns with exposed hammers such as the S&W Revolvers if you can cock it first the trigger pull tends to be much lighter. The only problem with them is they are quite heavy and it is not wise to shoot more than about 40 shots or they tend to jam. if you opt for a single shot the crosman 2240 are nice not to heavy and the trigger is not to hard and you should get 60 shots per co2 cartridge. It all depend on how much money you have to spend £50 to £900 you gets what you pays for.
    Seconded on the 40 shot limit for the revolvers. I never push it for more than 40 rounds, after I learned the hard way with a jam.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

My Desert Eagle does a good 24 shots before it says enough.
    If you want blowback on a co2 gun it seems you to have to pay for it!

My CP88 will fire 50 shots consistently per CO2 bulb - I change it after firing 8 rotary magazines (48 pellets).

8 magazines is 64 pellets. Do you mean 6 magazines? That would be 48 pellets and is about right for a CP88. You may get another mag's worth but shot velocity would be unreliable.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    8 magazines is 64 pellets. Do you mean 6 magazines? That would be 48 pellets and is about right for a CP88. You may get another mag's worth but shot velocity would be unreliable.

Doh...

Meant 6!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    My Desert Eagle does a good 24 shots before it says enough.
    If you want blowback on a co2 gun it seems you to have to pay for it!

I get about 5 good magazines out of my Desert Eagle but from what I read on the web this seems to vary quite a lot. Still awesome fun regardless.

My PPK gives me about 120-150 shots, its only firing BBs but has a really nice fast blowback on it. There is no accuracy but its ace fun.

My Dan Wesson 8" again gives me about 100 good shots but again this is a BB gun.

I also have a Walther Short lever Action rifle that uses dual 12 grams and this gives me a fair amount of power and about 80 - 90 useable shots.

As with all CO2 guns the faster you fire it the less chance the liquid has to vapourise. This does seem to have a big effect on shot count, consistancy and therefore accuracy (But I dont mind, co2 guns are awesome!)

Co2 guns are easy to get more shots from,

Buy six or more,

Allow each gun to warm up

Whilst you shoot another,

Seemples

Loads more bangs for your Bucks.

CO2 cartridges...

I was told that the count also was related to temperature, but don't know? if this is try is there a temperature that the canisters should be kept at prior to shooting and does the temp drop in use.