Thread: Airfix SLR and Airfix Thompson

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Airfix SLR.... Jeeze that takes me back to happier times! Do kids of today even know how to play Japs and Commandoes?

My Airfix SLR went the way of probably every other Airfix SLR of the day unfortunately Looking back I had quite an armoury of kiddie guns back then... my dad was forever buying me them - My god! He could he have been some kind of gun nut

Dont have the SLR sadly, but kicking about in the loft somewhere are two original spring operated Airsofts - an Automag and a Browning. Both fire large "shuttlecock" shaped pellets not very far but they seemed quite impressive at the time - 6mmBB hadn't been invented yet.

I also have two Daisy revolvers. One follows the standard S&W half ejector shroud look ala Mod29 of Dirty Harry fame. The other looks more like a Colt Python but with an S&W style frame. Both shoot a small sub calibre pellet of a neoprene like material. These have to be preloaded into special self contained sprung cartridges which have to be "pre charged"(set) using a special tool. The whole thing is pretty pointless really as the barrel is essentially just a large tube about twice the diameter of the pellet so there is no semblance of accuracy at all and even less power!
    Last edited by Gun Collector; 26-09-2010 at 04:19 PM.