Thread: Replica Webley Pistol Case

Replica Webley Pistol Case

Nice item on Eb@y 130437663040
    Not quite the real thing, but looks like a very good replica to house either a Senior, Premier or Mk.I air pistol, along with cleaning rod and period pellet tin.
    Be interesting to see what it realises.

David,
    I wish i could make them like that apart from being very clean with no oil marks, what are the indicators that it's a copy?
    ATB Rob
    BSA & Webley

Quote Originally Posted by gt550a View Post
    David,
    I wish i could make them like that apart from being very clean with no oil marks, what are the indicators that it's a copy?
    ATB Rob
    I own a copy (bought as 'an original' several years ago for £50 at an Arms Fayre) and a real one which i purchased with a mint Senior in it (inc pellets, brush and spare barrel)

It is when you see the two side by side that you see the differences, mainly the material of the old one is harder,a little dirty with slight signs of wear and an obvious difference is the ageing of the lock .

The real one stays in the cupboard, and the copy is used on the range and houses an early Mk 1
    John
    hold me back !!

Apart from the fact that the vendor has now stated it's a replica, Webley didn't make that particular case in all leather.
    Whoever ends up buying it will have a quality case for their Webley Air Pistol, and I've got a good idea who made it.
    The Tempest Centennial case is very similar, but with a different colour lining and different label.

replica

It looks identical to the replica which I bought.

Also like mine, it only holds the straight grip webleys.
    Mine has a pre war Mk1 in it

The build quality of the case is excellent.
    Mine is not leather covered (it is a type of hard, woven canvass) but it does have leather trimming on edges/corners etc and I suspect the one for sale is the same.
    It will be interesting to see what it sells for, but it would be even more interesting to see a winning auction bid on a genuine Webley case (perhaps 10x as much as the replica)
    hold me back !!

There used to be a guy who sold these at the B/ham arms fair...he'd also have "reproduction" Webley Service case's made from old shotgun case's.As long as the buyer knows it's a repro their shouldn't be a problem...they are well made/converted & some people will spend as much on a case as they paid for their airgun...daft (IMO) but there you go..!

The particular case on offer is totally leather - or leatherette - covered, as can clearly be seen in the pictures on Eb@y.
    The vendor states it's for 'Straight grip' Webley's, but if it's of a similar dimension to the original Webley canvas and leather case, it should also house the later slant grip models.

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste
    I know who is selling it (not me ) and who made it and I`ve handled it. It is extremely nice and the buyer will not be disappointed. Yes it is a replica, but it has been very well done; the seller is something of a perfectionist.
    Laudator temporis acti

Exclamation

Only made £147.00 !!!

must have slipped through virtually unnoticed
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PALADIN View Post
    Only made £147.00 !!!

must have slipped through virtually unnoticed
    Complete MADNESS!!!
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    A fool and his money are quickly parted...

I’m stunned.
    We have a fellow collector selling, or trying to sell, a lovely MKII Airsporter for £200:00 , probably give or take. No sale.
    Yet someone will pay £150 for a modern made box.
    Beggar’s belief.

And the price of Gordon Bruce's book on Webley air pistols ?

Sam