Thread: Jackal Arctic carbine

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

Jackal Arctic carbine

I always wanted a Sussex Armoury Arctic Carbine for some reason when I was younger, must have been the tactical bright orange colour LOL.

Anyway, does anybody actually have one?

If so, any chance of posting some pics, only ever seen them in the adverts.

Paul
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Hi

I've never seen one & only seen an advert, which I have scanned.

I'll post it as soon as I can.

Very rare indeed.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi mate, Like you, seen the adverts, but never actually seen one in the flesh.

There must be one somewhere LOL
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

I have never seen one in the flesh ...... But I do know that at least one existed as a collector in Sussex who sold me Eddie Barber's BSF S54 and also offered me at the time the artic carbine which he described as a orange vomit puce colour plus a jungle carbine (green mottled camo ) there is a picture on p.11 of AGW 'special (blue cover) dating from 1977 - for real collectors

HTH

As far as the ad on pg11 of the '77 Special goes, sure it's not the blue fronted £1 special from 1978 that also has the add on page 11 (for real collectors LOL) the one with the FWB 300S in the middle.

Sorry, just been in the loft for a look

Quote Originally Posted by paul4be View Post
    As far as the ad on pg11 of the '77 Special goes, sure it's not the blue fronted £1 special from 1978 that also has the add on page 11 (for real collectors LOL) the one with the FWB 300S in the middle.

You must have the second one they printed after mine

It was great mag - well ahead of it's time until SAR and BTDT came along

So I'm not alone! What is it with airgun collectors and lofts? I think AGW should start a "Readers Lofts" section

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Collector View Post
    So I'm not alone! What is it with airgun collectors and lofts? I think AGW should start a "Readers Lofts" section
    Or 'Fluff and Brown cardboard boxes' under the bed

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Collector View Post
    Keeps everyone else's fingers off and is a chance to escape!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi

I've never seen one & only seen an advert, which I have scanned.

I'll post it as soon as I can.

Very rare indeed.

Regards
    Paddy.

Here's a scanned advert of the Snow, Jungle & Woodsman Jackal

I definetely would like those in my collection
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Paddy, cheers mate. That's the add that set me off all those years ago, as per the posts above about the old AGW specials. Would also love one. Not convinced that they got the right idea about Arctic camo though

Still nobody popped up saying that they have one

Thumbs up

Paddy, cheers mate. That's the add that set me off all those years ago, as per the posts above about the old AGW specials. Would also love one. Not convinced that they got the right idea about Arctic camo though

Still nobody popped up saying that they have one
    No problem

Yep no one owns up to have one, I used to do alot of searching for these Jackals. However I have had to slow down

Owe well as soon as I win the lootery the searching will start up again

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Here's a scanned advert of the Snow, Jungle & Woodsman Jackal
    I definetely would like those in my collection
    Could one email me a scan of this adverb in a better quality/higher resolution, so that one can read the text?

What is the colour of the jungle-version?
    John walter writes in his "The Airgun Book" at P.148:
    "a Desert Jackal, an Artic Jackal and a Jungle Jackal, in all manner of shades from sandy-orange, through brown to lurid green". This description does not really meet the advert. What do you say?

Regards, Dr.K.
    Last edited by Dr.König; 20-10-2010 at 05:08 PM.
    Wanted: SA Jackal AR7 Hunter or AA Combat - "Flash Hider" of AR7 Hunter/Combat
    Wanted: SA/AA/Phoenix Firepower in AK-style "JK47"