Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley Mk.3 in .177 Cal.

As this is the collectables section rather than sales then I believe I am allowed to comment?*

I think you have been very honest. The picture showing the rust at the rear of the action would put me off paying the premium price it may otherwise deserve. It makes me think £150 - in line with other decent Mk.3s.

I already have two and don't want another - so I am not trying it on. Just offering a honest opinion.

* Mods - if I am wrong please ban me etc.
    Last edited by PaulR; 03-10-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks for your honest opinion Paul...but you are wrong what "appears" to be rust at the end of the cylinder on pic 3 is in fact what I think the remains of the original wax/grease that the Mk111's were delivered with...having had boxed/unassembled ones in the past (now gone ) I can reveal they were delivered "protected" in a waxy kind of covering.

They were sent in a cardboard box with two seperate halve's,one for the stock & tother for the action...this being wrapped in waxed paper.In the later ones like mine there would have been a triangular label tied to the trigger guard from the design counsil.With a bit of luck you might get to see one in this condition in Chris's new Webley book....?

Having looked at the area you mentioned under a magnifying glass & "poked it" (technical term) with a match stick...it scrapes away without leaving anything nasty...guess you were taken in by how using a flash on the camara can show things that arn't always what they seem..so be reassured everyone...my description is as accurate as I think this gun is..& worth (IMO)the asking price all day long...if it doesn't sell...no worries.

In which case my sincere apologies - even with photos it can still be misleading.

I recant - it is worth every penny which you are asking for it.

Good luck with the sale.

Paul.

Evening bumpo.....

One last try....SOLD SOLD SOLD!!
    Last edited by hwvixen; 09-10-2010 at 10:13 PM. Reason: SOLD.