Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
The point of a home deffence gun is that its left in your house loaded for when you need it dpesnt nedsiseraly need to be cocked as that only takes a fraction of a second to do. The thing is the guns goint to be sat there untill its needed or is taken out to clean. Ive never shot q real pistol but common sence and gcse physics tell me that if the spring in the mag has been depressed for a long period of time its not going to function properly. And i would imagin a lot of stopages are caused by the mag not doing what it should be.
so unless i had time to have a few spare mags and rotate the full one around on a regular basis id just go for a revolver.

Ill edit all the typos later, on my phone at the mo wnd the touch screen must be disigned for daintyer people
Sol,
I can see the logic there, but if I lived in a country where a full bore pistol was an option I wouldn't be leaving mags loaded for long, I'd have two or three sets of mags (or more) for competitions & rotate the mags left loaded on my thrice-weekly evening visit to my local range
If I seriously wanted total reliability then I'd keep a snub nosed revolver as a backup, or a second 1911 for "New York Reloads" in the event of a failure
ATB,
Nick