Thread: just starting out

just starting out

hi
    im looking to start a new hobby so am looking to buy an airgun. i want to spend around £150 - £200 can anyone suggest a good beginner gun.
    i understand you have to make 3 posts before you can use the sales section so here goes with post number 1. also would i be better off with a 1.77 or .22( only be shooting targets in the back garden)
    thanks.

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    Hi and welcome

The .177/.22 debate is a hooooooge can of worms, but I would say if you're doing mostly target work then .177 would be the favourite (it is also a fine hunting calibre too ).

Are you looking for a new gun, or second hand? Don't forget to budget for a scope (unless you fancy open sights).

hi i am a newby and was told to buy a lower priced s 200 air arms. i was told if i get on with the s200. i would be able to swap for a better one without loosing to much, i must say it shoots very good,i only paid £180 with a bag atvb rick

hi and welcome

thanks for the replys. im probably better off with a 2nd hand gun i think and buying it as a package.
    as for the s200 ill look into it.
    thanks.

ive looked at the s200 but i would rather a spring type than a gas one so ill keep looking for now.