Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
Good shooting without a doubt BUT as those of us who use FAC air quite a bit know, once you push the range over 50 yards everything depends on the wind.. This is especially the case with the JSB 15.9 grain pellets which are nowhere near as stable in the wind as BisMags.
Anyway what this shows is that the barrel on the OP's AirWolf is a good one and THAT is what is really comforting. Nearly everything is down to the barrel.
firstly thanks to neddy for the encouragement your a star mate.

i've simply not been sooting for the last 5 days. as there been a head wind on my land. also gusty and a cross wind. today looks ok so will give it a try.

i just don't use the b magnums cause they will not group for me at all after 60 yards. but i feel i have been very lucky with the barrel and also not so due to a cross over problem i have had since the gun was new. the barrel does not sit under the block correctly and is set to the side slightly. secondly the alignment of the barrel is not parrel to the block. so a pair of fully ajustable sport match mount are the 6th set of mounts i have had on the gun after the block had recently been replaced but not corrcting the problem. the only way to get perfect alignment has been to move the scope 2-3 mill left on both mounts and slightly diagonal to the block. the scope windage is also well off optical centre. but now after 4 scopes and 6 mounts the guns barrel is aligned with the rectical of the scope. but the scope is far from being optically centred and almost to the end of the turrets travel.

so in some ways i have been lucky to get a very nice barrel and others no so due to the bad alignment.