Thread: Gamo Compact trigger mods

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy

Gamo Compact trigger mods

Hi Guys,

After receiving a PM from Paddy I thought I would post a link that Nige made, to some mods for the Gamo Compact trigger that make it actually work, as can be seen from my personal results with mine.

BTW I have only done the screw hole depth not the spring adjuster, and I added 40g to the underside of the front end.

http://www.postcardfromspain.com/airgunclub.htm

Have fun

Cheers

John
    Last edited by Snooper601; 04-07-2008 at 03:33 PM.
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Hi John,

Was it you who posted about this before?

I've done the trigger mod, and am in the process of doing the spring adjuster..... I'll let you know how I get on.

Can't honestly see a reason to do the power mod as it's only a target pistol, don't need the extra IMO.
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Glad I could have been of help, have fun

Nige

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Hi John,

I've done the trigger mod, and am in the process of doing the spring adjuster..... I'll let you know how I get on.

Can't honestly see a reason to do the power mod as it's only a target pistol, don't need the extra IMO.
    It was a post that Nige did some time ago on the original Gamo pistol comp thread. But I had made a shortcut to it and pasted direct from the bookmark.

Belated thanks Nige, it really worked for me, just wait till you see this months comp results

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!

I have just been asked about this and where my website has gone. Sorry folks, here is the new addy:
    http://www.nuttynige.com/trigger_mod...mo_compact.htm

Nige

New page bookmarked Nige

Thats a very long time for a small thread to come back from

Cheers

John

If you have access to a spring kit (available from places like RS) simply changing the spring for a lighter one is an easier way of lightening the trigger.
    If you are a magpie like me, check out your spares box, I never throw a usable spring away. The free length doesn't necessarily have to be the same, for example here are some pics of the same mod done on a Webley Nemesis
    These are the springs, original on the left.
    The original in situ
    and the new one fitted.

This simple mod took about a minute to do and has transformed the trigger on the Nemesis.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    If you have access to a spring kit (available from places like RS) simply changing the spring for a lighter one is an easier way of lightening the trigger.
    If you are a magpie like me, check out your spares box, I never throw a usable spring away. The free length doesn't necessarily have to be the same, for example here are some pics of the same mod done on a Webley Nemesis
    These are the springs, original on the left.
    The original in situ
    and the new one fitted.

This simple mod took about a minute to do and has transformed the trigger on the Nemesis.
    ooo I bought a spring kit from Aldi a few weeks ago, thanks for the idea Jef

Good buy, Andy, spare springs are always useful to have around. That should enable you to try a few different ones to get it exactly as you want. Big advantage is.....
    .....no surgery to the gun, preserving its value.
    Have fun playing.
    Jef

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Good buy, Andy, spare springs are always useful to have around. That should enable you to try a few different ones to get it exactly as you want. Big advantage is.....
    .....no surgery to the gun, preserving its value.
    Have fun playing.
    think someone got into it before me

Ho hum, the curse of the fiddler.
    I was lucky, mine came to me as a virgin and all I had to do was a little polish of the sears, change the spring and I turned up a custom screw to fit the adjuster. I still have the original screw and spring so I can reverse the mods with virtually no trace left. Same with both my Nemesises (Nemesi?), just a spring change and a little polish of the sliding sear surfaces, instantly reversible.
    Jef

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Hi John,

It made me sad, at first: but then, happy! to see this post.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone