Thread: Anics Skiff 3000 : trigger

Anics Skiff 3000 : trigger

Anics Skiff 3000

I have owned maybe 3 - 4 of these since they came out and I really rate the looks and feel and ergonomics .

As a collector of replicas and especially deactivated modern pistols I can tell you that the feel and heft and function is v realistic . The build is in fact similar to my real Heckler and Koch USP 9mm ( deac )

Has anyone been able to figure how to improve the nightmare double action trigger tho, ....

I think that alone has been the reason why I have sold them on in the past . Fast fire is v difficult with that lllllllllllllllooooooonnnnnnngggggg and unpredictable trigger pull when trying to do a decent double tap .

I know it has to cycle that dubious hi cap conveyor magazine which is what causes the problem .Some high end airsoft guns get around this by using " clockwork " or battery powered mags to cycle the rds forward .

I guess lubing the mag and very careful loading of the correct pellets will help but the trigger is ALWAYS going to be the limiting factor with these as per the equally lovely Anics Beretta 9000 .

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Carl,
    stripping & cleaning mags helps, only ever use a dry lube, I use an aerosol car wax (wipe off & buff dry) as it helps to clean and gives a good dry lube effect.
    Mags that are sticky after strip/clean/lube should be dumped.
    Trigger smoothness can be improved by using a paintbrush to get a moly-based grease on the sliding metal surfaces of the trigger mech under the barrel,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Thumbs up Skiff

Quote Originally Posted by PHOBUS View Post
    Anics Skiff 3000

I have owned maybe 3 - 4 of these since they came out and I really rate the looks and feel and ergonomics .

As a collector of replicas and especially deactivated modern pistols I can tell you that the feel and heft and function is v realistic . The build is in fact similar to my real Heckler and Koch USP 9mm ( deac )

Has anyone been able to figure how to improve the nightmare double action trigger tho, ....

I think that alone has been the reason why I have sold them on in the past . Fast fire is v difficult with that lllllllllllllllooooooonnnnnnngggggg and unpredictable trigger pull when trying to do a decent double tap .

I know it has to cycle that dubious hi cap conveyor magazine which is what causes the problem .Some high end airsoft guns get around this by using " clockwork " or battery powered mags to cycle the rds forward .

I guess lubing the mag and very careful loading of the correct pellets will help but the trigger is ALWAYS going to be the limiting factor with these as per the equally lovely Anics Beretta 9000 .

Carl.
    Have you tried stripping & polishing trigger assy?, i found doing this with an application of dry slide helped, plus i have read of some people fitting a lighter spring over the barrel!?. try chatting to nick Magincer he's done a lot on these. For me personally its a great pistol maybe iv'e just got used to the trigger??...mike...
    Last edited by mickson; 13-11-2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: spelling

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Mike has a good point there,
    I started using a hand excerciser from a climbing shop when I started getting "Finger Fatigue", I was soon getting decent IPAS times with a Skif
    Regards,
    Nick

Thanks Mike ,

Carl.
    Last edited by PHOBUS; 13-11-2010 at 09:28 PM.
    " This , is MY safety "

Thumbs up Skiff "marmite pistol"

Quote Originally Posted by PHOBUS View Post
    Thanks Mike ,

I get plenty of " hand excercise " as it is thanks !

You know how it is ....

Carl.
    Hmmm!, anyway 1 further point i always shoot the skiff as a firearm i move the hand round a little and use the first joint of the finger rather than the tip as i would with a target pistol its a lot easier...mike...

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Doesn't the Skif 3000 also use the trigger to move the barrel as well?

Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    Doesn't the Skif 3000 also use the trigger to move the barrel as well?
    The barrel assembly is "the hammer", so yes it does,
    Regards,
    Nick

I tried Paddy's at the meet, and thought the trigger pull was er, challenging.

Has anyone tried the Anics Beretta 9000? The mag has a smaller capacity, so less work there, plus no moving barrel. What are these triggers like?

Exclamation 9000

Has anyone tried the Anics Beretta 9000? The mag has a smaller capacity, so less work there, plus no moving barrel. What are these triggers like?
    I had one, but offloaded it quick as the grip is very short & hard to hold, trigger
    i found similar to the Skif...mike...

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    I had one, but offloaded it quick as the grip is very short & hard to hold, trigger
    i found similar to the Skif...mike...
    Ok, cheers.

The Anics Beretta 9000 , what a beauty tho , featured heavily in " Minority Report " and maybe one of the most authentic firearm copy airguns around , second only to the Russian CO2 Makarov ?

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "