Thread: fwb 300s

fwb 300s

fwb 300s in very good condition about 95% with the box it was bought with can any one help with value please.

I have just paid £225.00 for one in very good condition. The rifle had been recently serviced and came with the original box.

Hope this helps. Take a look at Andy's ( Amac ) wanted post.

Smile f w b 300

Theres a boxed one mint, £195 on guntrader, private, 2 others from dealers, £250 and£350 not as good as first.

I was about to say £180 - £200 before I read the other threads. The thing to watch out for is the breech seal and possibly piston seal. The original breech seal was a sort of creamy colour and with time this becomes like cheese and starts to crumble. New seals are green or blue or red (can't remember which). A new seal set is about £20-£25. So, if you can, examine the breech seal for ageing, and, if a prospective purchaser, factor new seals into the equation. The rifle is not too fiddly to strip, although a little more involved than your average springer.
    So: price at £180 with a possible suspect breech seal or around £220 if it has recently been declared OK or has been serviced.
    Cheers, Phil

thanks lads for the input

Quote Originally Posted by smith View Post
    fwb 300s in very good condition about 95% with the box it was bought with can any one help with value please.
    thanks lads

New breach seals are blue colour