Thread: Webley Alecto anyone had a problem?

Webley Alecto anyone had a problem?

Hi

I bought a .22 Alecto last month and very pleased with it for use in the garden.

I always fire it with two pumps as I found that best for distance I was firing then last week I found after about 20 - 30 shots the trigger would not work pulling back with no pressure. I pumped it for third time and could hear air escaping through release valve so no issue with gas leaking, it then fired okay.

This it did three days running so was not happy to use it and returned it to the shop, of course the RFD could not get it to replicate this at his shop but no quibble has ordered another one and replacing it, this he says will take 2 - 3 weeks

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Tim

Yes

One of our club members has one the valve cracked after 2 weeks use. Found the 3rd pump returning slightly less vel than the 2 when it was working ok.
    This doesnt happen with non regulated versions for the U.S where the 3rd pump hits 8ftlbs but it does appear that the regulation on the 3rd pump for English and European models varies from gun to gun. This was the same with the old Sharp Innova air rifle where dumping would take place at anywhere between 4 and 8 pumps. Exhaust valving is not an exact science like a mainspring!

As regard the cracked valve Webley repaired it within 24 hours. Cannot fault the service but the valve looks iffy from where im standing. Never been a fan of pot metal....has to be the worst material ever invented really.....even cast composite plastic is better. Think of the massive strength of say the HW40 plastic composite top strap compared to say a pot metal trigger for an analogy.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I've not had a problem yet with mine, but I've seen other people with that exact intermittent problem.
    Part of the reason I bought it is to have a look at how it's built and how it works with a view to repairing broken ones in the future for friends.
    I hope your replacement resolves the issue for you permanently,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Hi

Just an update got service information from Webley and many Alecto's got returned with trigger problem, the fix is to take grips off and lubricate trigger sear.

Apparently all new models being sent out have this information included in the handbook

Mine seems to be working fine now

Tim