Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alecto to ????? CO2

I'd say keep the Alecto and look out for a bargain CO2 on here!
    Two entirely different pistol types for different types of shooting. There's no way I could limit myself to just one pistol, but I'm trying to keep it from getting too far above a dozen!

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    There's no way I could limit myself to just one pistol, but I'm trying to keep it from getting too far above a dozen!
    Words that warm my heart Adam
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Been to sds and not happy to say the least.

The nickle CP88 they wanted an extra £50 for so I turned it down.

They had a new CP88 (standard 4 inch barrel) which was on at £179.50 so said I would be willing to do a straight swap on that. Then got told they would want an extra £30 from me to do that. They would give me a £150 refund as that was the price they gave me for the scorpion. The recepit shows £150 for the gun and then £29.99 discount on the alecto. I asked if that meant they were going to give me the scope back but unsuprisingly they said no the £150 was for the complete gun. I pointed out that they had given me a a value of £179 based on this being the price of the alecto but they said no they had just given me a discount so I could walk out with a pistol. They were adament that they had given me £150 price for the scope and gun and the disount was so I could have the alecto. After some debate in store and me starting to lose my temper said I would hang on to the alecto and would be taking some advice and would then be back.

They had a cp99 new but couldn't see price and then a second hand one with the silver breech for £125. They also had a walther nighhawk with the sight and oversized maderator for £150. I nearly relented on refund and went for one of those instead but decided to walk away and calm down.
    Theoben Evolution .177 with MTC Viper
    "Tell me something, friend. Have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Guns are like cars,
    buy one new, take it around the corner & back and you'd be surprised how much money it just cost you
    The dealer doesn't see individual circumstances, just second hand guns and his balance book.
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

For what it is worth I would say hang on to the Alecto for a bit and look on her for a cheep second hand umerex colt or walther to try out at home. you need to do a bit of practicing with it to find out if you realy like the way it shoots. I have been through them all looking for the gun thats rite for me but always the grass was greener so I got a new toy and sold the old one. You can always sell on the Alecto later but you may regret if you find that the new gun is not a keeper.

Again, I'd say hang on to it for a while. For an extended plinking session, shoot it with just one pump, it really is easy to cock on one pump and is just as accurate if not more so. It will really grow on you.

A few hours shooting session at the range that you mentioned could be quite expensive with a CO2 as you'll get through a lot of pellets and capsules, especially when you get carried away with rapid fire.

Thumbs up Alecto??

Some good advice from these lads. Alecto is a good accurate pistol & easy to use on 1 pump...mike...