Thread: Air Arms Alpha Pro

Air Arms Alpha Pro

What a good target pistol! Ambi - so everyone can use it. I bought it to back up my Benelli Kite for 10m targets (Chobham club), but it's quickly becoming my fav. 80 regulated shots on a fill, and uses the same adapter as my S200. Not a cheap pistol - but well worth the cash.
    Dave

Put it on the Christmas list then.
    The list I use for me to buy for myself I mean. Fat chance of anyone ever buying me what I really want. Although I suppose Toblerone is part of Christmas.

I have one and it's the mutts! I have a dedictaed rt hand grip for mine. I think it's a little overpriced but for a gun with a pistol grip reservoir, not bad.

I had a co2 version. Didnt really like it, prefer the Tau 7. FAR too light up front. Too little shots per charge. And grip was too thin.
    But hey, its personal!
    If yr happy with it, happy shooting!
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by Exfelix View Post
    Not a cheap pistol - but well worth the cash.
    Dave
    I guess everyone has a right to their opinions regards value and I can't see the point of an ambi grip on a target pistol, unless it's so that the importer can then sell you a real target grip at an extortionate price.

Ah, well. The world would be a boring place if we all thought the same way.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

boff180 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    I guess everyone has a right to their opinions regards value and I can't see the point of an ambi grip on a target pistol, unless it's so that the importer can then sell you a real target grip at an extortionate price.

Ah, well. The world would be a boring place if we all thought the same way.
    Orr.. its being shared by a father and son.. one being a lefty and the other a righty.... as is my case

Andy

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    Are we talking about the same pistol here?? We have had one of them up the club for just over a year now, primarily used as a tester for people to try out....it has spent most of the time gathering dust :-)

Shocking trigger, terrible balance and a cocking system that belongs somewhere in the 1800's. At the price AA were knocking these out, you could buy a decent secondhand (proper) target pistol and still have pennies for some pellets!

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

Sorry Lee, but your club must have a problem pistol with some bits missing. The trigger on mine is superb, and the correct balance is achieved by moving the barrel weight. Your pistol also shouldn't have a flintlock....
    Dave

The original barrel weight of the Alfa is useless. Its the rifle weight ex 250gr.. FAR too heavy. So you'd have to make it smaller or make yr own.
    My trigger had creep too, didnt sort it though, sold it pretty quickly.
    The Alfa was sold with 2 cockingsystems by the way.
    ATB,
    yana

I cut about 1/4 off my barrel weight, then drilled and tapped it for the fixing screw. I don't know why the factory didn't put 3 small weights in instead of the one big chunk of iron.

Agreed the trigger has a lot of travel, but with careful adjustment, I had a crisp 2nd stage.

I've gone onto a Walther now, but have no regrets about having bought the (CO2) Alfa. I wouldn't pay the Air Arms price for the PCP version though.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Agreed. I bought the CO2 version in tsjech. For E350 or something (euro's).
    Thats a good price for it. Trigger indeed ís adjustable, but I didnt feel like going through the trouble, as the balance was off for me as well.
    They should've added 25gr, 50gr weight tops. Not 250grm!
    It has some advantages above the Tau 7 too though. Its all alu so no rust.
    ATB,
    yana