Thread: Advise needed regarding seals on a umarex colt 1911 a1

Advise needed regarding seals on a umarex colt 1911 a1

Hi i need to replace the valve seals on a umarex colt 1911 a1, as the air is blowing out from around the trigger area when i fire it and not pushing the pellet out of the magazine, has anybody stripped theres that can give me any help or advise on how to strp it and what to lookout for as ive never taken one of these appart before, and where is the best place to get the seals from in the uk, thanks alot...Andy

Hi Andy

I've never stripped one myself, but I had a similar problem with seals on Beretta 92. I ended up sending mine to Brocock who can also supply the seal I believe.

Martyn

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    The 1911 is probably one of the less scary of the umarex range to strip, if you're careful to lift off the right hand side plate leaving all the grip safety bits in place you shouldn't have too much trouble - if you're already handy with stripping & reassembling moderately fiddly stuff
    ATB,
    Nick

P.S. Take lots of photos as you go so you have something to show you how it should look when it's in one piece
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    The 1911 is probably one of the less scary of the umarex range to strip, if you're careful to lift off the right hand side plate leaving all the grip safety bits in place you shouldn't have too much trouble - if you're already handy with stripping & reassembling moderately fiddly stuff
    ATB,
    Nick

P.S. Take lots of photos as you go so you have something to show you how it should look when it's in one piece
    Thanks for the help martyn, paul and nick, have you stripped one nick ? if you have do you have to remove the slide first or can you leave it and everything in place and just remove the side plate then can i get full access to the valve assembly and seals??? your advise is appreciared,
    ATB Andy

Thumbs up leak sorted

Hi i stripped my 1911 the other day i just unscrewd the screw at the front of the barrel and took off the slide with the rod and spring, then i took the right hand grip off then there is a plate with 3 slotted screws in it i removed the 3 screws and gentaly eased the plate off the side of the pistol everything stayed in place in the left hand side but the valve assembly with the vave chamber stayed in place in the right hand plate that i removed so i again gentaly removed the valve assembly and the valve chamber just drops away with a brass bush and a little spring inside it, the reason mine was leaking was the O ring inbetween the valve assembly and the valve chamber had stretched causing air to blow out around the sides of the seal instead of pushing the pellet out of the mag, all it cost was £3 for the seal plus p&p from chambers it came the next day after i ordered it, i replaced the O ring with a bit of grease and lubricated all the other moving parts put the valve chamber back into the right hand side plate and put it all back together again and all it took was 15 mins from start to finish and it works perfect again now its sorted all for approx £5,
    ATB Andy

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Nice one mate, I'm glad it was an easy & inexpensive fix
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Excellent!
    Good to hear you got it sorted!
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com