Thread: The Webley Premier

The Webley Premier

Hi Folks,

Could anyone help me with a valuation.
    I have just got a Webley Premier, with a load of other stuff and would like to know,

A) What year was it made ?
    B) Which Mk etc ?
    C) Waht is the approximate Value ?

The general condition is Good, to Very Good, the Brown Bakelite (?) grips are excellent. The left side of the pistol, has a couple of tiny dings, near the front, with normal wear & tear usage marks. The right side, up near the Oiling hole, is showing signs of wear, as the bluing is in a worn state and along where it's stamped Webley Scott Ltd Birmingham, the bluing is dull.
    The barrel/bore is in excellent condition, ie, no pitting etc and the pistol shoots very well, over 30m, you could see the pellet drop around the last 10m and it still had enough power to kick the dirt up on the back stop, on our 30m range.

The stampings (other than the pistol name etc) are a number 37, on the front end cover and again, on the left side under the grip. There is what looks like a double strike letter B on the left side, just behind one of the 4 pins, behind the trigger guard. With the (L) grip removed, there is (as mentioned earlier) a number 37, then at each end of the centre web (where the grip screw fastens), there is a tiny 7 on the left and a tiny, what looks to be a 5, overstamped with a 9.
    These are the only stampings, apart from the rear end cap, the oil & arrow mark and the name title etc.

I will try to post some pic's, but in all of the time I've been on here, have had limited success

I know it's very difficult to value something you can't see, but any help would be very much appreciated, as one of my mates collects them and he's been asking, but I don't know how much to ask him for and of course, he won't make an offer !!!

All the best
    Baz
    Toys : .308 Rem 700 SPS Tac, 7.5x55 Schmidt Rubin K31, 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant M44, .45/70 Browning Mod 1885 HWTR, 8x60R Portuguese Kropatscheck, .58cal PH 1861 Enfield Carbine, .22LR-CZ452 Silhouette Tac, .22LR Smith & Wesson-M&P 15-22-M4 Carbine

Hi, Just for a start, to a mate £100.
    Regards Marsh.
    Good deals with Eddiekneejerk, scirroco,Garvin, brownie,NeilLedger,NortonAMC,MadMike,Lodmoor,Jonny Mark,ogilkes,brdrew,averageplinker,canman,Pagoda1, boxman,beagle,clueless,RobMac,RobM,DaveJW,leroy02, JerryCornelius,jarrod,Alistair,jonno1972,Emsill and Stuart.

Without pictures it is almost impossible to be accurate.

To some the letter "B" would make it more desirable - others wouldn't care.

Depending upon condition and without a box etc it ranges from £40 (dog rough) to say £160 mint.

Pictures are all - just go to photobucket or similar - it is free and easy to do.

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central
    Calibre is of significance too, .177 likely to be a little more£ than a .22 in my limited experience. Out of interest I sold a boxed .22 Premier in excellent cond for £115 recently.

"With a load of stuff" Is this like box, printed matter, etc. that comes with this pistol?
    "You could see the pellet drop" It seems you are descibing a .22 calibre, then?
    We want to know, besides a handy pic. Good luck, Mike.

Premier

This sounds like a Premier "B", from around 1965. These didn't have Serial Numbers, just batch numbers. As others have said, it is very difficult to give a valuation unseen. The "B" models are rarer than some of the later ones, so an unboxed one could be worth around £80-£90.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Thank you all for your replies, there seems to be a very wide value range and I know it's next to impossible, to value something that you don't hold in your hands, never mind just looking at some pictures !
    One of our very kind members has offered to post pictures for me. Which I will send to him today.

I do apologise Mark, for not sending you the pictures, but it was very late, by the time I finished what I was doing and on top of that, the camera had ventured into one of the black holes that we seem to have around our house, as it was found in a place I would never have left it and Ali, my wife said she never moved it. So it's either the black hole theory, or the ghost dog, my wife and I belive wanders around the house

Thanks again for the replies, it looks like my mate will have the Premier, but instead of buying it from me, he is going to supply me with engineering supplies, ie, lathe tools, metal & plastic/nylon stock, drill & milling bits etc, plus he'll do job's that I don't possess the equipment for. So I think I'll be getting more in goods & services, than the pistol is worth, but he's happy with that, therefore so am I

All the very best
    Baz
    Toys : .308 Rem 700 SPS Tac, 7.5x55 Schmidt Rubin K31, 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant M44, .45/70 Browning Mod 1885 HWTR, 8x60R Portuguese Kropatscheck, .58cal PH 1861 Enfield Carbine, .22LR-CZ452 Silhouette Tac, .22LR Smith & Wesson-M&P 15-22-M4 Carbine

Here are the Pics

Here you go:

I can't thank you enough Mark, your'e a true Gent !!!

Many Thanks for uploading the pic's, I really appreciate it !!!

All the very best
    Baz